2004 Duramax CCSB 4x4 LB7
5" Straight Pipe Exhaust
PPE Economy
305/55/20 Nitto TerraGrapplers
20" XD Rockstars

werewolf

Apr 27, 2012
eastern Noth Carolina
My local Home Depot has all the colors and glossier. I've tried the white once and think I got a bad can bc the stuff shot like crap. The black I've used has done pretty good. Some of these trucks look mighty good here! Keeps giving me ideas

Taylor-34

Jan 13, 2014
Cali..
Would it be durable in the bed of my truck? I don't light the look and commitment of line X but I also don't beat the crap out of my bed (dents drive me insane!) I'm gonna have to try some out, heard of it plenty before but have never seen any in person..

Forest319

2003 2500HD LB7
Jan 16, 2014
Fort Worth
If you look at Dipyourcar.com they have whole kits for doing cars, involving actually pressurized paint sprayers, you should watch some of their youtube videos. I can look some up if y'all would like. If i wasn't broke and in college Id have done it already, the cans take a long time and can come out spotty if you don't layer it perfectly. But thats only for huge areas like hoods or bed sides. but also if you do any color besides black, white or gray, you have to have a base coat of black white or gray, make sure to do that or the color turns out so bad haha. I tried it with blue, god it wasn't good. and if you think something looks bad, even if it does please keep finishing all the coats or else it is a bitch to peel off. I found out if you can get a good tear in it then you can use a power washer but if there are no tears like on a good coating and piece then the washer doesn't do anything, the plasti dip already has to be broken so the washer has something to pull on and peel off.

MechanicalReign

Mar 8, 2012
Ohio
I have the same color silver as you, I did my grill bumper and the valence. the only problem is the plastidip doesn't stick will to the plastic valence so thats been coming off, I need to figure out a way to make it stay.

could always try some adhesive promoter. Can get it in spray can. Then platidip. should make it adhere better

Jayme_B

Oct 22, 2013
I didn't use a glossifier. I just sprayed it on pretty thick. It is a little whiter than my truck but you can only tell if you really look at it. I only used white on the grill. I just masked the inside off and sprayed to chrome outline of the grill.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
@ mike diesel, that looks awesome :thumb: , i wrapped my white beemer roof black and love it, always said i am gona do it to my next white DMAX, also i think you need a bigger garage ! hahahaah