Pin harness for LBZ ECM

SMOKINU497

Oct 9, 2011
Okay so guys here is the scoop, new to the forum. I do read here a lot. GREAT information! So thank you...

I recently got another LBZ, and I messed up big time with my DSP 5 switch. So the DSP switch comes with two pins as we all know to plug into the harness that connects to the computer, I plug the pins in the right holes and put it all back together to get it to work. Well, it wasn't working. So I pulled it all back apart and went to lightly snug the wires to make sure I pushed the pins all the way down. Well the one wasn't, put that back in. The other one I lightly snug on it and the inner pieces of the pin come out and the outer shell you can say is now stuck inside my harness. I can not get it out for the life of me. I think the pins on the wire should be soldered together. I have tried paperclips, small needle nose, small tweezers. tried pushing it out from the other side no go. The gillette boys and I could not get it out tonight. We tried to pull the pin harness apart and we could not get the harness apart at all, maybe half way? So I am either stuck with doing a DSP 2. Or I need to buy a whole new harness for the truck to run a DSP 5. Or has anyone taken apart the pin harness completely in two pieces? What is everyone else's ideas to get this piece stuck in my harness out? I am just so bummed I screwed it up and was SO excited to get a DSP 5 installed when I got the truck. A new one just sits in the middle console now. Please DO not bash on me, Honest mistake and I get crap for all the time. :(

Dec 2, 2006
TN
They are a pain as I got one stuck. I actually took a needle and pushed it out from the other side. Maybe I got lucky? It was aggravating though.

SMOKINU497

Oct 9, 2011
I tried for two hours one night. I was so bummed out I couldn't get a needle in the right pinhole to come out the other side! I need to search around for other small punches or something ( like a gnarly set of small A tweezers. Maybe I can get the outer shell around the prongs that was left out of it so I can install my new switch.

SMOKINU497

Oct 9, 2011
That is a great idea. But the outer part of the prong is stuck inside, not the prongs themselves. So you can see the outer part sitting in there and down to the bottom of the harness. Maybe I'll have to figure something out with a drill. I love these fast responses here! Thanks guys... I can get the piece inside to move up and down I just can't get it to go out the black side of the harness. Thats why we tried to seperate the white part and black part of the harness.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
They will break easily to. Just get the right "push point" and work with it. It'll eventually come out. It's bound to. :D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Was it the ground or the signal wire that you can't get out? If it is the ground, you can just leave it in and ground the switch somewhere else.

Bobo

Aug 27, 2006
Pin 54 is the ground. Six to the left according to your description.

1badc0af.jpg

SMOKINU497

Oct 9, 2011
Hey guys thanks for everyone's help! I got the switch working. Just happened to be the one screwed up is the ground wire! I cut it of the pin and wire it up to a ground under the dash. I am SO stoked to finally have it workin' now! Thanks for everyone's ideas and input, links, and pics.

Thanks,

Trevor:thumb:

Last edited: