pics of SAS conversion plz

L0B6Z

Oct 19, 2013
oxford ny
I have a 79 dana60 kingpin I have acquired for a SAS build. My friends 06 has same axle on it for his SAS he built. His sits just a little above 6" but I want only a 4" lift. But I am debating on coils or super duty springs. I will be sled pulling with it mainly and it will have hydro assist steering.

so if anyone has pics of there trucks with a SAS I'd like to see yr setup. Specailly if you are close to only a 4" lift. List how you like it also.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
My truck is sitting about 8" over stock height with an 07 Super Duty axle and coil overs. The set up I had on my truck before was with an 89 d60 and leaf springs and the height was 10-11" over stock. You should be able to tuck the shackle hangers up high enough to provide you a very low lift over stock height. You might notch a cross beam to weld it up high enough to fit between the frame rails at the very front of the frame. Just remember with a lift that low and an sas you will not have much up travel in your suspension. Unless you have tall shock towers. There is another member smkndmax05 on here that had a similar set up of what you want.