Petition to help fight the E.P.A.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
There's no need to go bananas over this it isn't like they are going to hunt you down on the Internet after all it is the Internet. There is so many "fakers" on the Internet so who knows what's really true or not.

For instance Josh could be posing as some dude into hot rodding vans when in reality he could be a 12 year old pimply red headed girl pre teen ! :roflmao:

But seriously I know the warranty denial incidents but primarily that's AFTER a shit storm has begun and they start to investigate.

The only way you'll be fined is if the EPA or any agency starts a emission testing and inspection program. The other way is if these trucks would be subject to DOT inspection.

Now I know that here in CT diesels are subject to emission testing under 10k GVW. I think that is the weight break off. I know I was never subject to it. If they look for emission devices I don't someone can chime in.

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
There's no need to go bananas over this it isn't like they are going to hunt you down on the Internet after all it is the Internet. There is so many "fakers" on the Internet so who knows what's really true or not.

For instance Josh could be posing as some dude into hot rodding vans when in reality he could be a 12 year old pimply red headed girl pre teen ! :roflmao:

But seriously I know the warranty denial incidents but primarily that's AFTER a shit storm has begun and they start to investigate.

The only way you'll be fined is if the EPA or any agency starts a emission testing and inspection program. The other way is if these trucks would be subject to DOT inspection.

Now I know that here in CT diesels are subject to emission testing under 10k GVW. I think that is the weight break off. I know I was never subject to it. If they look for emission devices I don't someone can chime in.

Good thing mine is Dot inspected for work and passes lol.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Mine doesn't need to be inspected in NJ, thank god at least one of my vehicles can legit pass a sniff test. :D

As far as the dodge folks, H&S just pulled all tuning devices that circumvent emissions equipment.

Worst case for me, car becomes race car and truck is, well a truck.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

They just take your $20 and if it passes you get 2 more years..........:thumb:

My buddy's LLY failed and he has the CAT and stock exhaust.......it was too sooty, he has the EGR-unblocked, no pvc reroute and everything is stock.........:rofl::rofl::rofl:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
That's doesn't make it legal :( not that I really give 2 nuggets about emissions and the EPA

The odds are seeing a federal inspection center in NJ, while plausible, is very slim.

A NJ mobile inspection would say ok, have a nice day.

Cides, I bought the truck and it came like that, I dunno whats under there, my cats at home from the vet officer.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
My friend lives in nj and drives a red 4 door long bed 6.4 lifted 8" on 38" mud grapplers on 20x14" wheels running the biggest Spartan tune they have with a straight pipe and egr delete. He's never had any problems even though it smokes whenever he touches the throttle. If it ain't coastin it's smokin.

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
i would be driving this truck instead of my 99 (with an 06 dmax with no emissions) if it got better MPG and no emissions thats 36,0000 i couldnt put into the economy cause im not buying a truck that gets worse MPG then my current truck
295290_4216963975932_1085735297_n.jpg

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
So in CT MOONSHINE MAN, they SNIFF diesels it's not done like gassers and they just plug into the diagnostic port? :confused:

I truly have no clue what they do as I've never been tested. I know in gassers that aren't diagnostic port ready they sniff and check for emission equipment! The LLY that failed I bet they looked for emission devices when it failed.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
So in CT MOONSHINE MAN, they SNIFF diesels it's not done like gassers and they just plug into the diagnostic port? :confused:

I truly have no clue what they do as I've never been tested. I know in gassers that aren't diagnostic port ready they sniff and check for emission equipment! The LLY that failed I bet they looked for emission devices when it failed.

NJ doesn't test any non commercial trucks under a certain weight, 2500hd's fall under the cutout. BUT, if they did test like the rest of the commercial trucks they get opacity and emissions level tests.

Gas trucks and cars post OBD2 is a ****ing joke, but thats another thread.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT

In CT Any diesel under 10100 gvw (I think that's the cut off) they run on the rollers and probe the pipe. They check the emissions every 2 years. Brand new off the lot diesels go the first 4 years with no testing then every 2 years after that.

Diesels with dpf and def they might scan the monitors and for dtc's not sure.

1SIKDZL

Sep 5, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
My LLY just passed emissions here in AZ with egr deleted, PVC rerouted, 5" straight pipe, no cat or muffler and passed the sniff test with no problem with my tune turned down. Our trucks run pretty damn clean compared to some of the old ass gas beaters on the road today, even with our tunes up.....plus we get way better mileage than other heavy duty trucks in the gas version. I'm not sweating it.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
In CT Any diesel under 10100 gvw (I think that's the cut off) they run on the rollers and probe the pipe. They check the emissions every 2 years. Brand new off the lot diesels go the first 4 years with no testing then every 2 years after that.

Diesels with dpf and def they might scan the monitors and for dtc's not sure.

Yes I was aware of some regulations like the 4 year exemption as gasses are the same. IM just surprised they actually sample the exhaust and not just OBD them like gassers ,which I agree is a joke. No codes you pass.

I'd imagine like your saying as more emission control devices come in they will probably all test the same the OBD. It was 02 I recall that got California emission and then it's been all down hill from there LLY and newer.

Hey
Benny how is your Lilly tested? Out with it BOY!

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master

Opacity test.....if the sensor sees too much black soot it fails......I was gonna make a stinky, smokey tune with no boost and timing just to see their faces when it blackened the shop...........but I didn't want to go to jail........:eek:

It would be funny though.

:roflmao:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Opacity test.....if the sensor sees too much black soot it fails......I was gonna make a stinky, smokey tune with no boost and timing just to see their faces when it blackened the shop...........but I didn't want to go to jail........:eek:

It would be funny though.

:roflmao:

Why would you go to jail:confused: