Pay rent or buy a gun?

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Should I pay my rent or get a new handgun? I know I know, get the gun. But I gotta pay my rent. However with my tax money............

I am OBSESSING over a Sig Mk25 (226 Navy) and a stainless S&W 1911with no front serrations and a tac rail. It will be friends with my 1911A1. I wonder if it will get along with my new P30?

What are you dying to buy right now?

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Who needs a place to live when you have some sweet guns!

that being said I LOVE my Remington R1 enhanced 1911! I've got a suppressor for it also. Nothing quite like the crisp quiet snap of a suppressed .45!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I've been up in the air between a Remington 870 express and a Mossberg 500 Mariner. I know the 870 is a better gun but for the money the mariner is tempting.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
You're looking for sensible spending advice from a bunch of guys who buy parts that cost 4x what they should, to race trucks that weigh 4x what they should? lol
:hug: :rofl: :angel:

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I've been up in the air between a Remington 870 express and a Mossberg 500 Mariner. I know the 870 is a better gun but for the money the mariner is tempting.

The 870 is NOT a better gun than the mossberg. I own several of both. New Remingtons are coming out the factory with a subpar finish and are more prone to rust. There are some articles online about this. Also the weak extractors on the 870 are an issue. The 500/590 has 2 extractors and the M590A1 is the only one to pass the brutal military torture test. I highly recommend as a defensive shotgun, the 590A1. I use it for home defense and my 870s are bird/clay guns. I love my 870s to death, but after beating the hell out of both, my Mossbergs have held up better. Ill try to find an article called "battle of the pumps" written by a gunsmith on maryland shooters forum. It was very detailed.

Found it! Enjoy!!!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=66035

Here is my "modern day trench gun" 590A1 with retro wood furniture.

se9ezejy.jpg

y6uzy4a2.jpg

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
For tactical purposes, the Mossberg is not as good IMO & the key reason is that the location of the safety requires excess movement of the trigger hand that can compromise the shooter. The safety being on/by the trigger guard on the 870 is far better than on top of the receiver by the thumb on the 500.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
If you have a gun you can always evict someone who does not own one and live there for free.

You're looking for sensible spending advice from a bunch of guys who buy parts that cost 4x what they should, to race trucks that weigh 4x what they should? lol
:hug: :rofl: :angel:

:roflmao:
:rofl:
:)

I like having a home with a safe hidden and mounted to the structural framing, for the security of my firearms:joker:
Somehow owning another and stowing them all in my trunk doesn't sound so great;)

Buuuuut....
Man I've always wanted just about anything from NightHawk, maybe a nice .45 from Dan Wesson, there's a couple Kimber's out there that sparkle in my eye too.
I've got several auto pistols, so I wouldn't mind picking up a revolver, like the the 410/.45's that are a available, loaded with the Winchester PDFx-1 rounds

Next I'm pretty sure I'm getting a rifle or two, FNH USA has had my thoughts for some time now...there's so many that are nice it's toughto choose, but I like the TSR XP .223 they've got and the F2000 carbine. Those two would round out my arsenal nicely:D oooo, and the FNScar17s too....

I dunno, is that too excessive:hug:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Pay your rent...

One day you might be on the flip side of this coin and what would you want YOUR tenant to do?

Im dying to buy a truck...

06_6.6

Haulin Assphalt
Sep 3, 2012
Indian Territory
Do not join an FN forum if you go that route. Bought an FNS40 and I'm already waiting on a threaded barrel and cerakoted slide

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Do not join an FN forum if you go that route. Bought an FNS40 and I'm already waiting on a threaded barrel and cerakoted slide

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes
Lol
Yeah, kinda like buying a diesel and tuning it, joining the forum and dropping 20g in parts into it and then "needing" a built engine to handle it all....:angel:

This is crazy, It seems Diesel guys all have the same lives. Diesel, guns, alcohol and women.
Well...Maybe not in that order Landon:roflmao::hug:

Andrew

Costly Obsessions
Aug 7, 2013
delaware
Lol
Yeah, kinda like buying a diesel and tuning it, joining the forum and dropping 20g in parts into it and then "needing" a built engine to handle it all....:angel:

Well...Maybe not in that order Landon:roflmao::hug:
Diesel women alcohol guns :roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Diesel women alcohol guns :roflmao:
Breaking it down for me;
Women first, cuz after all they were my fist love/lust and I got a good one ( don't ask me how:rofl: )
Diesels second, or fast cars/trucks in general
Guns third, cuz I typically shoot em to blow off steam when my first two loves are givin me issues
Alcohol last, cuz if I'm drinking, something's up with the first two and my hands are numb from the third and it's the least productive
:roflmao:
I save the best for last:thumb:
Spoken like a true gentleman :hug:
Jason, You speak of the "Judge" 410 & 45.
Yup, I also thought there was one called the defender, but yeah the Taurus judge is a damn cool gun and will be my first revolver :thumb:
One day, I'll own a judge 410. That gun is just cool and would be cheap to go shoot
And not to mention lethal and reliable for personal pro;)