Pause between gears LBZ

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Drive around for a bit treating #4 as your highest tune. I believe #5 is proving a bit too much power for it to handle.

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Changed filter last night. Took it easy this morning as the 4 mile trip and 27° didn't give the trans opportunity to warm up very much.

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Got it warmed up and went about 1/2 throttle after first gear and pause is back. This is 100 hp tune. 1/4 throttle was okay but is progressively getting back to pause. I'm going back to tow tune. Any other ideas other than driving up to Augusta Ga to see Trey?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Get a scan tool and monitor tfp as shifts happen. Or take it to a shop that can diagnose it

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Got the logs, one of them was all flatlines but the other one was good. Rail is holding fine, pulse between shifts drops about 100-200uS depending on pulse. Nothing seems out of the ordinary except one 4-5 shift where the RPM spikes way up, but your MAF volume also spiked in that spot so you may have just gotten on it a little harder there.

No codes in the log either. :confused:

If you have time to make another log, press the "1" key every time it does this pause so I can see the exact spot in the log to look at. Long logs make it hard to spot where the issue is occurring for you, but pressing that key will flag a spot in the log for me. :thumb:

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
I'll run it again this evening and send it over. Sorry for the long log and not know to hit "1" at the shifts. I was able to run full throttle at lunch up to 3rd and it had pretty good pauses. I'll try and duplicate on a log this evening. Thanks for your help.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Yeah the flag is great for me to see exactly where the issue is. Youll see a vertical dotted line run down the log when you press it.