Part# reluctor wheel bolts

cole30

Sep 21, 2009
Does anybody know what the part number for the 3 bolts on reluctor wheel is? Or know of a vendor that can get these for me?

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
Not to steal a sale from Henry, but these can be obtained at your local ace hardware store. I know this for a fact as I've personally installed two sets of ace hardware bolts

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
739296.gif

Important: Do not remove the reluctor from the oil pump drive gear unless replacing the reluctor or the oil pump drive gear. The reluctor is timed to the gear and once removed the correct timing will be lost.
6. Remove the crankshaft reluctor to oil pump drive gear bolts.
7. Inspect the crankshaft reluctor for the damage, bent teeth, being bent or warped.
8. Inspect the oil pump drive gear for damaged or worn teeth.
9. Inspect the oil pump drive gear crankshaft pin for wear.
10. Inspect the groove of the crankshaft pin in the oil pump drive gear for wear.
11. Replace any parts that are damaged or worn.
Installation Procedure

739295.gif

Important: The crankshaft reluctor and the oil pump drive gear are timed at the factory. In order to re-establish proper timing, install knock pins in the oil pump drive gear if the crankshaft reluctor was removed from the oil pump drive gear. The knock pins are available through the parts department.
1. Install the knock pins in the oil pump drive gear to a height of 4.5–5.5 mm (0.177–0.217 in)

739296.gif

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.
2. Install the crankshaft reluctor on the oil pump drive gear. Ensure the reluctor is aligned on the knock pins.
3. Install the crankshaft reluctor bolts.
Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 8 N·m (71 lb in).