P0776 story from line failure Allison 6 SPEED LMM 09'

Mswoyer

Sep 13, 2016
Colorado
Long story short, I blew a trans cooler line almost a month ago. Got a dealer replacement. Refilled at temp, cleared codes and drove fine for about a day. Then would get recurring p0776 and stuck in 3rd gear... that's it. It still has reverse. But hard shifting all over the place. My scanner p0776 code is saying something about solenoid stuck... can't remember off hand I wrote it down but that info is not present. I'll post the list of codes it gave me at the time of the line failure when I get off work.

So I dropped the pan and filter and valve body. Oil smelled burnt and filter was chunky with friction material.

What are my options? This is my daily driver. Not tuned, just a lifted 09 gmc LMM. 120K miles. I'm not a romping type driver neither. This all happened from a frigging tranny line popped at the crimp. Kinda pissed not going to lie... especially from such a reliable transmission. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Relocate the post maybe... I'm looking at a 1000$ for a new valve body from dealer. 4000$ for a new tyranny. I thought about just cleaning up the valve body and redoing the solenoids. Can someone please point me in the right direction.
I need my truck back. Sad face. Been parked for almost a month.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
If you found chunks of friction material in the filter you have serious internal problems.

Replacing the valve body would be a complete waste of time.

Transmission needs to be rebuilt or replaced at this point.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
They are some other Colorado members on here who will hopefully chime in on a reputable transmission shop to go to. Do not get a reman allison from the dealer.

Mswoyer

Sep 13, 2016
Colorado
P0113
P0102
P0729
P0848
P0873
P0876
P2771
P2453
We're the codes present at the time of line failure... if that helps. I say chunks, more like coagulation... at the pickup.
Now it's a P0776 and intermittent P2724.
Crap crap crap.:(