Ok guys need help here ASAP leaking trans lines

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I've got a dilemma here both my trucks are in need of something at this very moment as I type this. I currently was looking into replacing my 2002 tie rods with rare parts HD rods with Christmas money I received from Santa but today those plans changed and I'm now in need of trans lines from tony at DHD and I'm here asking to find out what set I need. The tie rods on my 02 can wait I can't afford to build a trans right now if a lines burst and it pukes all the fluid out and burns up. I'm looking at all the kits he offers and I'm leaning toward the standard kit that has the standard AN coupler fittings and stainless lines for 225.00 but I like the deluxe full stainless kit 245.00 what benefit would I see for 20 dollars more for the full stainless kit just wondering? Thanks in advance

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If your in a money pinch just get the updated lines from the dealer. Can do one at a time if need be. I'm thinking doorman even offers replacements now. Just a thought...

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Alligator performance is cheaper then DHD and a wayyy better product. Check out there trans line kits. I installed a set and I can say its quality stuff.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Sounds good guys either way I go I want to get longevity out of my investment not really in a money pinch but I am oxymoron right. I'm leaning towards DHD standard kit to retain my original factory lines fit form and finish but the new insert pieces will take away from that original look I like stealthy but oh well my 06 only has 43,000 original miles I've put on it since may of 2006 when I got it from the dealer brand spanking new and I'm to anal about the little things I know but attention detail is what makes me happy only one dang line is leaking but when I do things I either do it right the first time or don't do it at all :thumb:

On edit: what year did gm update the factory lines do they still look the same or am I better off getting rid of the rubber and putting the modified sections in to be worry and leak free?

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I redid mine if Aeroquip fittings and hose. No way I would east $$$ on SS lines. The problem is the shitty crimp job on the hoses.

Sent from a ditch being dug near you

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I am on atleast my 4th or 5th set of GM trans lines. Don't waste your time or money on the updated GM lines. I have a new set of lines to go in when it warms up outside, they are made from hydraulic hose.

That's basically what the alligator lines are. Super durable hydraulic hose with tough ass fittings. Plus a lifetime warrenty and there still less then the price of a set of GM lines.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I agree guys but I'm not really wanting to alter to much of my under carriage I like the clean look if I can help it people around my area are sneaky about there mods and I'm probably the sneakiest one most folks don't even know what's under my hood cause I keep them guessing:thumb: there again I imagine the hydraulic lines from alligator are nice and cheaper but me personally I like the factory looking stuff that way it keeps people guessing but that's just me I'm pretty much set on the standard DHD set but one last time my original question was, Is the full stainless kit any benefit over the standard kit or is it mainly a sales thing cause i can't see putting stainless fittings and couplers on aluminum lines stainless it a stronger metal and in my theory would crush the aluminum lines and the leak would still be a potential future problem right please explain?

HDLBZ

Dec 21, 2013
Waynesboro, Pa
I redid mine if Aeroquip fittings and hose. No way I would east $$$ on SS lines. The problem is the shitty crimp job on the hoses.

could you post a parts list of the Aeroquip fittings you used I'd like to redo my lines . they only drip a little bit when it's really cold.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I agree guys but I'm not really wanting to alter to much of my under carriage I like the clean look if I can help it people around my area are sneaky about there mods and I'm probably the sneakiest one most folks don't even know what's under my hood cause I keep them guessing:thumb: there again I imagine the hydraulic lines from alligator are nice and cheaper but me personally I like the factory looking stuff that way it keeps people guessing but that's just me I'm pretty much set on the standard DHD set but one last time my original question was, Is the full stainless kit any benefit over the standard kit or is it mainly a sales thing cause i can't see putting stainless fittings and couplers on aluminum lines stainless it a stronger metal and in my theory would crush the aluminum lines and the leak would still be a potential future problem right please explain?

The 5/8" Alligator set has been working great for me for the last year or so.

You've seen them, right. They are hard to spot under the truck when you're lookin for them and mines lifted on 35's too, they're pretty discrete, as far as looks go, just a black hydraulic hose that tucks up nicely and blends in next to the oil pan and disappears into the engine bay. Anyways, I like the alligator kit fine, I'm sure there could be better stuff but this works well

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
could you post a parts list of the Aeroquip fittings you used I'd like to redo my lines . they only drip a little bit when it's really cold.

It has been a very long time since I ordered mine. Here is a list that sounds right off the top of my head. This will do all 3 lines.

(6) 4414-10S SAE JIC (37 Deg) Male Flare 100R5 Reusable Fitting

(6) FC2875-10S NUT VersilFlare Tube OD .63" FLARELESS

(6) FF9605-10S NUT VersilFlare Tube OD .625" FLARELESS

(3') FC300-10 Aeroquip Hydraulic

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
It has been a very long time since I ordered mine. Here is a list that sounds right off the top of my head. This will do all 3 lines.

(6) 4414-10S SAE JIC (37 Deg) Male Flare 100R5 Reusable Fitting

(6) FC2875-10S NUT VersilFlare Tube OD .63" FLARELESS

(6) FF9605-10S NUT VersilFlare Tube OD .625" FLARELESS

(3') FC300-10 Aeroquip Hydraulic

Off the top of your head....:eek:

Are you kidding me....:spit:

That's bad ass:thumb:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Well I know the size and what fittings is needed so I just had to look up the #s and guess on hose length.

I fix lots of hoses out in the field.