Oil overfill, rough running, diesel everywhere

Kansas2500hd

Dec 15, 2013
Kansas
Took my truck on a 30 mile round trip last night. When I got to my first destination, I could smell a faint smell of diesel. I was all dressed up so I let it go without looking. On the way home, I could see some white smoke out my exhaust. I slowed down and got home. When I got out I looked under the truck and diesel is EVERYWHERE. there is diesel spray around injector #8. I noticed my tank level dropping a lot faster than normal too. I looked at the dipstick this morning and it's about an inch or two over the little metal part on the bottom. I'm think I cracked injector #8? Does this sound like something that could happen? And can I drive it a few blocks to get all the damn diesel off so it doesn't ruin the bottom of my truck, probably too late though. Thanks a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
It would help if we all knew what you drove and what mods you have done. Fill our your sig. Sounds like you've got a bad injector/injectors. If there is diesel around one of them I would probably start there. If it was mine I would pull them all and have them tested.

Kansas2500hd

Dec 15, 2013
Kansas
No I never got the issue fixed. Yes it's the one I just replaced. I'll make it my goal to figure out what motor I have today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk