oil line fitting

Rod in MN

May 7, 2009
Central Minn.
Hi, Guy's On my 2002HD Had a oil cooler line for Tranny Allison 5 speed it was leaking by the crimp. Got the line in got it hooked up to cooler but line would not fit into the fitting on Tranny took it out checked the inside for something wrong Checked the lines and it was to long from were the clip sets to hold the line in from there to the end off the line was to long cut a 1/4'" off test fit fitting on was ok installed fitting into tranny and did not get fitting tight and it twisted of. Got new fittings would not screw into tranny they were 7/8 and mine are 3/4 are the fitting OEM only. The parts stores were longer. So I would not had to cut them off. No parts store had anything it was Saturday Has anyone else had this happen ???

Thank You
Rod in MN

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The 2001-2002 5 speeds have different size fittings than any other year Allison. you may have gotten a 2003+ line. still not exactly sure what your trying to say though.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Older Allisons use the 3/4" threads and newer 7/8" thread on tranny fittings, also lines are different. They look similar but are minor differences.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Are you talking about these fittings.? .

=
=
RNB-800-605_UB_ml.jpg

=
=

Rod in MN

May 7, 2009
Central Minn.
HI Guy's Yes that is the fitting I was looking for. Went on NAPA put in oil line fitting's had 11 fitting come up look at them found one that looked right click on it checked spec. It had 3/4" threads found one it was the same but longer. Checked on what it fit my truck was not listed it was for larger trucks.

To find the right line they looked under 2003 truck and it was right line

Thank You
Rod in MN