"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Never does anything. I've done well over 1k brake flushes on customer vehicles all it does is keep moisture out I never felt a difference unless the brake system had air in it.

Well when you flush 150k old fluid, you notice a difference then lmao. I'm due to flush mine again and got some full syn dot4 to put in.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Its actually only 40k fluid that's why I was so damn surprised.
All the flushes I did at work were all replaced with atf. I don't like atf because after about 1k miles the fluid is black from all the shit in the system breaking free and its hard to get clean again and the junk goes through the pump so I just used regular old PS fluid, it just doesn't last long I guess.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
All the flushes I did at work were all replaced with atf. I don't like atf because after about 1k miles the fluid is black from all the shit in the system breaking free and its hard to get clean again and the junk goes through the pump so I just used regular old PS fluid, it just doesn't last long I guess.

good too know

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

I'm talking about the brake fluid, not the power steering fluid lol. But I've noticed a big difference with a flush. 6 or so years ago, my buddy worked for BG and asked if he could try his new ps flush machine on my truck and their full syn fluid. I went from damn near no turning in a parking lot at a slow roll to being able to turn my wheels at a stop in a parking lot like its nothing. Been like that ever since and it has about 60-65k on the fluid now. When I hit 200k, I'll be doing a lot of "maintenance" on the truck and will flush that out again. I run it in my tracker now. So far it's far stronger and turning the tires when against rocks compared to others in the same situations.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
After it doing that to my truck and watching it cure a whining pump in a dodge caravan that the pump and steering rack had been replaced twice in to get rid of the whine, I believe in it. I have no factual bs to back it. It was really just a "see it to believe it" moments

GA05MAX

May 28, 2015
GA
Mine was not so good today, I took mine to the shop to find out that I have water in three cylinders. 2 on one side and 1 on the other. I haven't had mine but about 2 months. the guy I bought mine from ran it hot, he had the heads redone (milled and resurfaced) and the motor put back together. he put about 2K miles on it after that and then I bought it. Since I bought it I have put about 2K miles on it and it started blowing white smoke like crazy and using coolant. I took it to the shop and got a call that it has water in 3 cylinders. They are braking it down now to see what the problem is, what a kick in between the legs!

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Dam camshaft reluctor wheel missed the bus :mad: at least found now verses trying figure out why it won't start
11425261_10206055796487523_8439532444553552232_n.jpg

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
65730a36186d7fcfb81ab752a1b7607c.jpg

Busy week for me. Fixing some minor things on the lly on the left and selling it for a friend. The lbz in the middle is my dad's. It's getting idler/Pittman, all tie rods, possibly some ball joints and a return test on injectors. And installing a hidden hitch gooseneck in my old beater

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
65730a36186d7fcfb81ab752a1b7607c.jpg

Busy week for me. Fixing some minor things on the lly on the left and selling it for a friend. The lbz in the middle is my dad's. It's getting idler/Pittman, all tie rods, possibly some ball joints and a return test on injectors. And installing a hidden hitch gooseneck in my old beater

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Some nice ass in that picture