Off-season Goals/Plans

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois
Well for 90% of us the season is over or has been over for 2019, unless you're lucky enough to live waaay down south where tracks are still open!

So whats everyone's agenda or to-do list this winter to have a fun and successful 2020??

Here's mine; 2002 GMC 2500 ECSB
Full gut
re-do cage (25.6)
fiberglass
front coils
rear coils
caltracs
new turbo kit
-Triples w/ TiAL Ex. Housings to run valley as a big single
Duraflite swap (48re)
Other miscellaneous stuff

Big changes coming from a truck I still commonly drove on the street (even if I shouldn't have lol)
Goal is to run 5.90 in ODSS next season, with ease, and try to represent for the V8 boys at UCC2020 as I was re-invited.

What's keep you busy this winter??

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
Well for 90% of us the season is over or has been over for 2019, unless you're lucky enough to live waaay down south where tracks are still open!

So whats everyone's agenda or to-do list this winter to have a fun and successful 2020??

Here's mine; 2002 GMC 2500 ECSB
Full gut
re-do cage (25.6)
fiberglass
front coils
rear coils
caltracs
new turbo kit
-Triples w/ TiAL Ex. Housings to run valley as a big single
Duraflite swap (48re)
Other miscellaneous stuff

Big changes coming from a truck I still commonly drove on the street (even if I shouldn't have lol)
Goal is to run 5.90 in ODSS next season, with ease, and try to represent for the V8 boys at UCC2020 as I was re-invited.

What's keep you busy this winter??

If you dont mind giving me a loan, I'd like a built shortblock for Christmas :D goal for this winter is to clean up all my wiring, redo my return and supply lines under the hood, switch to a lml front end. Nothing serious and none of it will probably get done until work slows down in March or April. I'm about to make my last payment on it also, then I won't feel as bad when it blows up!

Last edited:

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Yall come help me get my LBZ and LML running again this winter. That's a goal! My cancer row behind the shop is getting a little carried away.
64abd5d8810fc4093aaefc7b3e064331.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Goals for my built motor LLY are:
1) Get the hurt 5 speed back into ship-shape for the 2020 season
2) Get rid of as much weight under the truck as possible that is easy to remove
3) Mount fire extinguisher in the cab
4) Fabricate an air-to-water intercooler after the air-to-air intercooler (lowest priority)
5) Add a fuel cooler
6) Upgrade brakes
7) Upgrade steering

Goals for the daily driver/tow rig:
1) Get the bottom end back together (metal flake edition oil)
2) Upgrade oil cooling (2020 L5P cooler and Derale external)
3) Get the compounds on (S475/96/1.10 T6 over the stock IHI)
4) Instrument the truck to help future optimization/mods
5) Make traction bars

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Goals for this winter is daily the LB7 and not blow it up so I can continue beating up on cars in 2020 with an old ragged stock engine retired ranch truck :D

But seriously, I want to start getting this spare LB7 engine I have laying on the floor sent off to SoCal. Upgrade to 350% injectors, 14mm, and throw a couple chargers over this billet 75.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Doing some major changes to dip into 5s with a allison. ;). Me and Nate set a goal that we both do whatever it takes.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Hope to have my compounds back in the truck by spring. Wanna get some Q1As on the rear axle, and need to talk with them to see if they can get me some coil overs made for the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2018
West Central Illinois
If you dont mind giving me a loan, I'd like a built shortblock for Christmas :D goal for this winter is to clean up all my wiring, redo my return and supply lines under the hood, switch to a lml front end. Nothing serious and none of it will probably get done until work slows down in March or April. I'm about to make my last payment on it also, then I won't feel as bad when it blows up!

LOL, already stretching myself thin on the budget as we speak. BUT doing the work yourself/with friends you trust is a HUGE money saver!

I'm so OCD about my drag truck I have a damn excel spread sheet for this :roflmao: (stuff to buy, take off the truck, etc etc.)

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
LOL, already stretching myself thin on the budget as we speak. BUT doing the work yourself/with friends you trust is a HUGE money saver!

I'm so OCD about my drag truck I have a damn excel spread sheet for this :roflmao: (stuff to buy, take off the truck, etc etc.)

I think everyone in this hobby is stretched thin lol. It's almost as bad as when I ran 10.50 index, nothing is 2 or 3 hundred everything it 2 or 3 thousand! I'm OCD myself the only other person i let work on my stuff is BigDipper.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Nate went 6.00 in Indiana didn’t he? Not too far off I’d say :rofl:

Yeppers. He is right there. Just needs to get his crank and block ordered.

If I can get race weight to under 4500 I'm switching to a 4l80e late next season.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin

I do the same thing man! Makes marking things complete easy on a massive overhaul.