Off Season Drag Racing Mods

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So what's everyone doing for 2012? :)

My Plans are to get a few issues fixed on the truck, then get a baseline in the 1/4. After that I have some parts that I would like to finally install.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I'm pretty excited that our local track is reopening in 2012. I have a couple issues to fix also. Looking at going with a billet 66 turbo of some sort, finding a block to gradually build next year also. Maybe throw some cal tracs and a straight centerlink or Tony's brace up front. Can't wait to race this beast down the 1/4. It's been my puller for 2 years. Hope to race and pull next year.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I would like to finally install my fuel cell (in stock location), add my 2nd cp3 (where AC used to be), I need to get my S400 rebuilt bigger and better so that Evan can have his turbo back and get it on his build, and then I need to get a 6-point cage installed. I don't know where all teh money will come from to do this, and it surely wont get done early in the winter, but I think I can get it done in time for when the tracks open up

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Getting rid of that POS Bighead wastegate that a) doesnt work as advertised, b) is almost impossible to adjust while at the track, and c) doesnt give as much boost as the stocker with a PPE boost valve did. Best I could get this year was 28-29 when last year was always 32-33.

My truck is going back to stock so I can keep saving for the 1/2 ton shortbox 2wd project truck. My current drivetrain will go into that, and I'll find an LBZ/6spd for BBT. Thats the plan, anyway.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Building the motor, refreshing the tranny ( I limped my super steller ats tranny the end of last season :mad:), dual fuelers, gt55. I don't think i'll have everything I'll need to reach my track goals for spring but atleast the motor and tranny will be ready and the rest won't be far behind.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I would like to finally install my fuel cell (in stock location), add my 2nd cp3 (where AC used to be), I need to get my S400 rebuilt bigger and better so that Evan can have his turbo back and get it on his build, and then I need to get a 6-point cage installed. I don't know where all teh money will come from to do this, and it surely wont get done early in the winter, but I think I can get it done in time for when the tracks open up

Ya WTF Tim...J/k When your ready you can return it with a extra 1.0 housing if you want :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Putting enough into it to make nick buy me dinner in march and have brian hunting for dual fuelers after beating him

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Depends on what the mutual funds do throughout the winter (not looking good right now), but early spring first comes the transmission that I have needed to build for well over a year (stocker is begging mercy). Then will come a short block build and an S475 single and some fuel mods. Goal is 650-700 HP by the end of the summer. wOOt

I like taco.