Off road diesel( red diesel)

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Oh the coppas will know right away by the red smoke or if there is green in there like dozer boy said you will get poop smoke. The dye diesel also has a different smell kinda like strawberries its a food coloring they use in it so they must use strawberry flavor or somthing...

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
I have never seen red smoke out of my exh, my tractors exh, my buddy's 24v p pumped 1000hp stack during a run down the strip. Hell the crap around my tail pipe is black and I always run off road

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I have never seen red smoke out of my exh, my tractors exh, my buddy's 24v p pumped 1000hp stack during a run down the strip. Hell the crap around my tail pipe is black and I always run off road

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!! We are spreading our wealth of knowledge...

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's off road certified so if the asphalt sensors don't pick anything up its regular fuel.

Maybe we can come up with a bypass?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT

I wouldn't run it in my truck.

But I'd be glad to take it from you and heat my home with it.

I don't even run anything other than clean diesel in any of my heavy equipment. I know people that do and they always have something going on.

I do know a guy that ran his commercial truck on it for a while. Then he got caught. The fine was somewhere in the 50k range. It was so much because they went to his yard and checked all the trucks and fined accordingly. Don't remember exactly how many. But not many, like 5 or 6.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I've been around drilling rigs for 15 years, the only time I've ever seen someone get nailed was an audit on location. And he only got nailed because he was filling up getting ready to go off hitch when they showed up

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
do they just randomly pull people over and check?

When we were caught we were pulled over for "excessive smoke" they dipped the main tanks they were clean then he dipped the reserve tank and uh oh it was red.

Mind you this was in the 90's and our old powerstrokes smoked because of elevation and heavy loads. I think the cop was just lookin for it, he saw a line of several ks trucks and said to himself " hey i bet those damn hicks from ks are running red"... It was not a cheap fine and we got off pretty good telling the cop we were only on the reserve tank because it had winter additives in and we were gelling up in the mountain. Not a complete lie but not the complete truth. He also put the truck on scales and that didnt go well for us either