Off road diesel( red diesel)

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Back in 05-early 2009 red fuel was the shit and a full of sulfer, since Jan 1 2010 it's all the same fuel, just dyed as mentioned above.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
10k fine back in the 90's for running offroad on road... As mentioned above I would be more concerned with the cleanliness of the fuel. LB7 injectors have enough issues without running dirty fuel through them;)

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
X2 even with filters on tanks you can get a ton of shit out of those tanks. I use the dragup tank on my work truck for long trips with road diesel in it. It has a filter on it and it still plugged up my trucks fuel filter in 5k miles. I pump some road diesel out of it into a glass 1Qt. jar. After 1 week the bottom of the jar was red from a layer of small rust partials.

And I won't even mention how much shit was in the bottom of my fuel tank when I dropped it to install a lift pump. From tanks without filters when we would top off our trucks to get them empty to moving them to the next job site.

But free fuel will pay for a bit of repairs and really your filter will clean the fuel. It will just plug up faster. You got to think the fuel system are just fine in the equipment your fueling up with that tank. They just have bigger filters to deal with all the crap.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I ran red for years and still do if I have the chance lol I've run rig fuel my fass cleaned the fuel just fine but I put it in my tank which has a 10 micron filter so it got filtered twice before it hit the fass. Also not sure why you guys got nailed so bad but it's 500 first offense here and 2000 second time and like 10k third time plus jail time. Now if your commercial that's a whole different ball game and I definitely wouldn't in a commercial vehicle