LMM: ODD whistle while accelerating

BlackPearl3500

Apr 6, 2014
Fredericksburg VA.
Just put pro Flo 5in exhaust on my buddy's 07 lmm while driving around the block there is a extremely loud and high pitch whistle totally different sounding from the normal turbo whistle any Ideas thinking maybe a loose clamp on the down pipe but not totally sure all help welcome thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Do you have an aftermarket downpipe and does it go away after it warms up.? My downpipe whistles a bit til it warms up. May have to adjust the clamp as you suggested by loosening the exhaust system.

BlackPearl3500

Apr 6, 2014
Fredericksburg VA.
Check the bellows on the up pipes they make a wierd high pitch noise when they crack

Do you have an aftermarket downpipe and does it go away after it warms up.? My downpipe whistles a bit til it warms up. May have to adjust the clamp as you suggested by loosening the exhaust system.

Haven't gotten to check the bellows we haven't had a day off since the install and it is the stock down pipe I got under the hood and had it sounds like it's coming from the egr block off plate he said while he's driving if he is cruising it goes away but when he starts to give it more throttle it comes back, the only thing I can think is there is a gap in the egr between the plate since it's metal to metal I've checked the air intake cause I've read that, that will do it but they all seem tight I'm stumped :confused: