No 4wd

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Ok well I'm just looking for suggestions right now . I went to use the 4wd on my Lly today cause I was stuck and the switch inside switched in like normal however guess what no front wheels turning. Like I said I have not looked into it in depth yet cause the weather sucks and my other truck is in the garage. Just need some suggestions. Could it b a fuse? Or would the interior switch not work with fuse problem. .

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Yeah I tried both nothing. Guess I gotta get it in the garage and see what's turning and what's not.

speak2mlv

Jul 23, 2012
Sounds like the four wheel drive actuator to me. Its easy to pull off and test. That would be the place I would start. If you pull it off and hook up 12v power to it you can see if it actuates. If it does not then that is your problem.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Well I figured it out his was a new one to me. Everything was working however when I pulled the passenger half of the diff. Off I noticed the slip collar was not actuating. Here somehow the end of the passenger shaft splines were nursed and the collar would not fully slide out. So I fixed it since I had a spare diff. However I buttoned everything up tested it and it worked but now out of nowhere I'm getting a damn abs code for left front speed sensor. I changed it although I did not think it was the sensor and it's still dicked up. Were wold this code come from out of one were it was fine prior to taking apart the only thing I removed over there was the driver tire

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
It must of not liked having all the wheels off the ground spinning. I toolkit out and it is good to go