NITTO Tires

boss760

Mar 8, 2010
Clarkrange, TN
Anyone have any trouble with nitto tires? I got me a set last spring for the dpc. Nitto was going to give them to me, but the couldn't find the size I needed. So i bought a set from the local tire store. They were 285/70/17 Dune Grapplers. The week before dpc i went to get some tuning done, we done 5-6 runs on the dyno and treads started flying out. I called nitto for warenty, but he said i abused them. He was the one that told me they would work. I reckon I learned a $800 dollar lesson. Nittos are junk with no warranty. These bfg have been on for over a year making 900 plus hp. with no problems.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
Ive had great luck with the Terra Grapplers. I got 60k out of my last set and just installed a new set on my PYO's for winter. That being said i have never tried to get any warranty claims with them.

Iceman56

Jan 19, 2009
Madison, SD
I had Terra Grapplers I have BFG's know.... I would never go back to the Nitto even though the BFG's are twice the price:rolleyes:

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
I would take them to a the store you bought them from and see what they can do. Nitto usually has good warranty as they are made by Toyo in the same plant as Toyo just different compunds. Its possible that you heated them up reversion took place and turned the rubber brittle. It only takes 213 degrees for rubber to revert back to its original state.

towboattrash34

Sep 30, 2010
Picayune, Ms
I have the T/G's they are a good tire, but ware fast. I'll be lucky to get 28/30 thousand out of them. They are a soft rubber after 8,000 miles they got louder and ware faster.

boss760

Mar 8, 2010
Clarkrange, TN
I would take them to a the store you bought them from and see what they can do. Nitto usually has good warranty as they are made by Toyo in the same plant as Toyo just different compunds. Its possible that you heated them up reversion took place and turned the rubber brittle. It only takes 213 degrees for rubber to revert back to its original state.

I did. i took them to the store, and they tried to help me out with the warrenty, But nitto refused to do anything. Those tires just can,t handle any HP.

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Nittos are junk in my opinion. However, I love Toyo Ats. I have had great luck with them. Everyone mentions that they are made by the same guys in the same plant...they are not the same...Nittos are junk, toyos are awesome.

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
I did. i took them to the store, and they tried to help me out with the warrenty, But nitto refused to do anything. Those tires just can,t handle any HP.

i had those tires and was making over a 1000 hp no problems with them.maybe you got a bad set.i run dune grapplers now best tire if ever run for mileage so far except for michelen...

boss760

Mar 8, 2010
Clarkrange, TN
i had those tires and was making over a 1000 hp no problems with them.maybe you got a bad set.i run dune grapplers now best tire if ever run for mileage so far except for michelen...

I had my truck on the dyno gettin ready for dpc. We couldn't get over 617 HP out of the dune grapplers. we took them off, and put two old spares on and made 964 HP without touching the tuning. On the road it was like being on ice. Nitto probably makes good tires, but these were junk. They were the ones that talked me into buying them, and then refuse to stand behind them.

Oct 21, 2009
Nitto Extreme 450 This is undoubtedly the gripiest sticky tires I have owned. The car handles better, even in the corners at higher speeds. I can say that the tires are run in the rain and still float, even at speeds of 50 to 65 mph. good traction on dry roads, awesome in the snow.

We are talking on a diesel truck not a car:roflmao:

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
BFGoodrich-All Terrains have held up through drag racing, sled pulling, burn outs and daily driving and going through the dirt and mud on the farm and to me there isnt a tire no better for me and I have tried them all.

jrlocal399

Jun 17, 2013
nitto dura grappler

i have had my dura grapplers for 2 yrs with 30k on them...they started to bubble and separate. three tires separated so i tried to get the last one warrantied and nitto would do nothing about it..they said since there is no visible problems with the tire they wont warranty...come on, 3 tires all from the same batch u really think the fourth one isnt gonna do the same thing?? i have had terra grapplers before and they wore fast. come to the conclusion nitto tires just aint that good

P38LLY

Jun 17, 2013
I love my terra grapplers. Ive put almost 50k on them since September and no problems. Maybe the newer batches are better...not sure.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I like the 420S's because they are pretty cheap and last me 30k on a 600hp tune. Wearing better and not chunking out like my ProComp XAT's did...

Azriflehunter

Jun 15, 2012
Arizona
I've had 285/70r17 nitto terra graplers on my truck for maybe 10-12k miles and they already look like crap. I don't run my truck to hard, I have a service truck I drive everyday while my truck sits at home. I use it to tow a 8500lb travel trailer or my boat and dirt roads during hunting season. Will never buy them again the treads have chunked pretty bad and are almost to the wear bars

1slowmax

The break is over
May 9, 2012
Sin City, NV
I run Nitto 420s on my 1200hp truck on the street all the time. Never a issue.

Funny you mention Nitto and DPC... when i was in the 2011 DPC i too was promised a set of brand new Nittos. I ordered my size weeks before i showed up in Denver. When i got there they said "sorry we dont have your size and we forgot" so while everyone else competed on brand new tires i competed on blad Nitto 420s with hardly any tread. I still tied for 4th place overall but would have possibly got 2nd or 3rd if i would have done better in the sled pull. I placed 2nd in the drag race spinning all over. I was the only Dmax to even finish so that was pretty cool.