Nitrous+stock fueling?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Been tossing around the idea of a bottle however, I'm not sure it would benefit my setup so I turn to y'all for advise. I currently have an s472, stock injectors, stock cp3. I still have a few hundred us of pulse width left in my injectors before I get to the danger zone with the tuning. My cp3 holds perfect pressure. My main reason for wanting nitrous on my truck is to make up for my 2wd disability.
Would y'all say nitrous is useless in a stock injector stock cp3 truck? My goal is to get a 2wd, stock injector, stock cp3 duramax into the 11s. I wouldn't want to spray all the way down the track. Probably just the first 1/8 to try to make up for my terrible 60' times. Just a little something to get this turbo spooled faster

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I'm guessing it had a smaller charger? It's gonna be real hard to over fuel this turbo. Isn't nos only as useful as the amount of fuel you have?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
So bobo you think I could benefit from a small shot of nitrous? Given the fueling I have? I wouldn't need to gate this turbo would I?

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
go with a big shot,,, it's not gonna go lean like on a gasser and melt shit. customer went 623 stock everything (besides lift pump and trans) with some spray on his reg cab 02.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
well im already at the 600rwhp mark so im not trying to waste my rods with more hp. just looking for a way to get on top of this charger out of the hole

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I would like to spray it as soon as I lock the TC. Which wouldn't be till I'm above 2000-2500ish rpms. And to be honest idk if that's the right time to spray it. I was told a while back nitrous is not that dangerous if it's used in the top end only

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
it fixed itself lol. it hasnt done anymore wierd shit. just the usual TC not locking unless im in T/H which im getting a lock up box for

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Well if you were running a stock turbo, id say go for the nos but you already have a turbo that is way overkill for your stock fuel system. You wont gain much adding more air to a system that is already getting a ton of air.

Hitting that NOS before your ontop of the charger is an easy way to bend rods. when that chargers lights (around 2600+rpm), its right at a great RPM to do it and keep things safe.

I would look at seeing how you could improve tuning for those low rpms, maybe run a higher RPM down the track (since you say the CP3 is holding rail pressure), and/or work on your track setup.

what kind of pw are you running right now?

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I'd do it, but only enough to spool the charger hard off the line. You really need to figure out the suspension for your launch.

id work on getting that 60ft down at this point, qa1's and a few tweaks to help your launch may be more benificial than spending the $ on n20

JMO

havent you been posting about an engine build for a couple weeks? just hurry up and get too it! :D

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
iirc PW is around 2700-2800 (havent looked at my tune in a while)

i dont hit full boost till the end of 4th gear. so i was thinking if i could spray a 50shot or so i could hit full boost closer to the beginning of 3rd, but still be at a high enough rpm that its not gonna shank my rods

i just need a "yeah go for it" or a "dont waste your money" cause i found a guy sellin a dry NOS kit NIB with a new 10lb bottle for real cheap and want to jump on it, but not if its completely useless

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I'd do it, but only enough to spool the charger hard off the line. You really need to figure out the suspension for your launch.

id work on getting that 60ft down at this point, qa1's and a few tweaks to help your launch may be more benificial than spending the $ on n20

JMO

havent you been posting about an engine build for a couple weeks? just hurry up and get too it! :D

well Qa1's would cost me more than this nos kit. the kit isnt a big shot or anything. i guess i just need to figure out how early i could "safely" spray