Nitorus and the diesel

Dave c

Jul 7, 2013
Sting, he said he rebuilds every year or so regularly as habit of preventing problems. But said no failures nitrous related. I know he busted ( split ) a injector nozzel though, that destroyed a lot of components.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Ok Wade

You switch piston companies and always showing newest this and the billet that and first rubber piston and on and on so I don't think you qualify. It would be hard to hurt stuff when your always replacing them. By the way you was doing so well but I see your back to the greatest this and the best that and the first in line and the look at me (I) stuff again. That's sad you were almost a normal person again.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I lost a piston to nothing more then a misplaced wire . the system that came on was missing a jet in one hole.

I have been working with Diamond for a long time now , They came to me at PRI 4 years ago. I have used JE pistons on several projects and Ross Pistons on the 5 liter Cummins I did for Bonneville

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You switch piston companies and always showing newest this and the billet that and first rubber piston and on and on so I don't think you qualify. It would be hard to hurt stuff when your always replacing them. By the way you was doing so well but I see your back to the greatest this and the best that and the first in line and the look at me (I) stuff again. That's sad you were almost a normal person again.

Progress not perfection...baby steps, man, baby steps...
:hug:

We cant expect years of habit to die in a week...there will be set backs
:spit:

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I'm not understanding what your point is. Your explaining turbo spool vs combustion efficiency vs N2O power adder? But I kinda understand your view on flat top positions now.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
A good profile for the RPM band and cylinder heads is a bigger part of the decision. Normally in a gas motor we put dramatically more exhaust event. The nitrous helps spool the chargers and drive up exhaust flow , putting a bigger exhaust event will compound an already bad situation. I have noticed every time the Exhaust events get where the numbers work , the profile are shorter and shorter in .050 duration. With the Duramax, that looks even more exaggerated because of the huge split in Rocker ratio.
My motor runs a 228 218 112, this profile runs really good up to 6500 rpms and has decent torque at 2200. I am going to go on the engine dyno and try an even shorter duration exhaust event 210 I have ground a 228 210 112 for a 2.5 puller and it seemed to like it over the bigger 218 profile. the 228 profile on mine has a .387 lobe life. I have done this profile in .355 and .325 lift as well.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
A good profile for the RPM band and cylinder heads is a bigger part of the decision. Normally in a gas motor we put dramatically more exhaust event. The nitrous helps spool the chargers and drive up exhaust flow , putting a bigger exhaust event will compound an already bad situation. I have noticed every time the Exhaust events get where the numbers work , the profile are shorter and shorter in .050 duration. With the Duramax, that looks even more exaggerated because of the huge split in Rocker ratio.
My motor runs a 228 218 112, this profile runs really good up to 6500 rpms and has decent torque at 2200. I am going to go on the engine dyno and try an even shorter duration exhaust event 210 I have ground a 228 210 112 for a 2.5 puller and it seemed to like it over the bigger 218 profile. the 228 profile on mine has a .387 lobe life. I have done this profile in .355 and .325 lift as well.

Hmmm. I thought you would have used more lift. I'm assuming stock heads? And why such a wide LSA? I'm assuming, again, from the high compression ratios you run?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The .387 lobe lift would be a .526 lift at the valve on intake. The 112 degree would cut done on overlap and help with cylinder pressure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
That is .519 lift at the valve with a stock rocker 1.34 to 1 A lot of work went in to the rockers on my current motor to achieve proper valve train geometry. The valves are .150 long as well.

On the 60 mm core I can grind a lot more lift ., but the problem is the stock lifters drop out of the dogbone. On my new motor for next year, I have drilled the Lifter gallery oil feed and uses Jesel Keyway lifter, so any lift is achievable. The new Edelbrock heads don't stall till 600+ lift.
On stock cam motors its best to get additional lift in the rocker.

as far as wide lobe separation. There is zero chance for scavenge on any turbocharged engine gas or diesel so why would you want any overlap. Remember on any cam changing just one event location makes LSA and ILC change, even though the other three event locations stay exactly the same.

I have cams in the 114 and 116 out there running. In Turbo Pro Mod motors the LSA is Knocking on the door of 130. NHRA 500 inch motors are 119 to 120 and they do scavenge .

That 108 number preached by a Cummins pulling shop for years, will go the same way they said 10 years ago that porting heads was a waste of time and money . Just put more boost to it

baddaddition

Mar 10, 2013
That is .519 lift at the valve with a stock rocker 1.34 to 1 A lot of work went in to the rockers on my current motor to achieve proper valve train geometry. The valves are .150 long as well.

On the 60 mm core I can grind a lot more lift ., but the problem is the stock lifters drop out of the dogbone. On my new motor for next year, I have drilled the Lifter gallery oil feed and uses Jesel Keyway lifter, so any lift is achievable. The new Edelbrock heads don't stall till 600+ lift.
On stock cam motors its best to get additional lift in the rocker.

as far as wide lobe separation. There is zero chance for scavenge on any turbocharged engine gas or diesel so why would you want any overlap. Remember on any cam changing just one event location makes LSA and ILC change, even though the other three event locations stay exactly the same.

I have cams in the 114 and 116 out there running. In Turbo Pro Mod motors the LSA is Knocking on the door of 130. NHRA 500 inch motors are 119 to 120 and they do scavenge .

That 108 number preached by a Cummins pulling shop for years, will go the same way they said 10 years ago that porting heads was a waste of time and money . Just put more boost to it
I'm sure it's hard for many to gut, but YOU, have cane a long way in the last month. Not that you should have to prove yourself, but what you have given everyone in the diesel world in the last month has been awsome! Thank you for the carnal knowledge. Keep it up buddy. I have no where near the wallet to use that knowledge, bit ya learn something new every day, and with that I thank you you sir!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I'm sure it's hard for many to gut, but YOU, have cane a long way in the last month. Not that you should have to prove yourself, but what you have given everyone in the diesel world in the last month has been awsome! Thank you for the carnal knowledge. Keep it up buddy. I have no where near the wallet to use that knowledge, bit ya learn something new every day, and with that I thank you you sir!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

this is to establish where I came from.

I have been involved in in advanced engine development for the best part of 30 years. I started by fetching beanie burgers and cleaning the trailer , but I was part of the team. There are many ways to get where you want to go. The team and mentor I learned from was not bucks up. We had to do it all. Al ported his own heads, build manifolds, oil pans and found a way to out think the guys that bought new cars and bought motors.

Many people have come through this shop and become successful. Greg Young owner of ZZ custom fabrication started as a 15 year old high schooler at the same place, as did Tommy Keeter of KPE racing engines. Dave Moser of D&L performance, Mat Thomas 5 times Texas outlaw Top sportsman champion . and even Mike Woods of NX learned from this group as well, but his family had oil money . I was lucky to be a part this mind set of people.

We raced one in of the hardest sportsman classes in NHRA, Competition Eliminator. I was taught we had to out think the guys in the other lane , because we sure could not out spend them.

You can make power and do incredible things with out the big funding. here are the basic rules Al Weiss of the Auto Shop taught us .
1st Luck is being prepared when the opportunity presents it self
2nd do not accept any given, try every possible thing . it might show you the way , if not, it will show you one way not to go.
3rd spend your money of what you absolutely can't build
4th there is no stupid ideas, only one you have not tried.
5th and most important Have passion for what you are doing , or quite , you in the wrong form of racing

https://www.facebook.com/AutoShopRacing

When I got to GBE, They were bucks up, and spend thousands of hours proving or eliminating every possibility, Their test plan spread sheet was just crazy . I've seen them run the dyno for weeks working on one tune . What I didn't see was passion. I love Gale to death , he is the real deal, and passionate Hot Rodder that wants to do it all. What they have is a bureaucracy bogged down by people scared of Gales wrath. Sorry Gale if you read this , but I have told you this many times . GBE has the absolute best people in the world on the pay role. If GBE wants to do any thing they will be the best, but because of the red tape if will take years. I think they will be busy , 117,000 Humvee repowers with Dmax engines will take a while.

I will help anyone that ask. Remember all ships rise the same with the tide. The diesel world has eaten itself. If one sanction body will not allow the powers that be ( a few moderators on a few diesel sites what they want , then start another and another.

The future is exciting for diesel powered race cars . There is funding available at every corner.

Last edited:

DPC

Jan 2, 2012
Adams, TN
this is to establish where I came from , Jack stand racing.

I have been involved ithw people in advanced engine development for the best part of 90 years. I started by fetching beanie burgers and cleaning the trailer toilet, but I was part of the team. There are many ways to get where you want to go. The team and mentor I learned from was not bucks up. We had to do it all. Al ported his own heads, build manifolds, oil pans and found a way to out think the guys that bought new cars and bought motors.

Many people have come through this shop and become successful. Greg Young owner of ZZ custom fabrication started as a 15 year old high schooler at the same place, as did Tommy Keeter of KPE racing engines. Dave Moser of D&L performance, Mat Thomas 5 times Texas outlaw Top sportsman champion . and even Mike Woods of NX learned from this group as well, but his family had oil money . I was lucky to be a part this mind set of people.

We raced one in of the hardest sportsman classes in NHRA, Competition Eliminator. I was taught we had to out think the guys in the other lane , because we sure could not out spend them.

You can make power and do incredible things with out the big funding. here are the basic rules Al Weiss of the Auto Shop taught us .
1st Luck is being prepared when the opportunity presents it self
2nd do not accept any given, try every possible thing . it might show you the way , if not, it will show you one way not to go.
3rd spend your money of what you absolutely can't build
4th there is no stupid ideas, only one you have not tried.
5th and most important Have passion for what you are doing , or quite , you in the wrong form of racing

https://www.facebook.com/AutoShopRacing

When I got to GBE and got fired, They were bucks up, and spend thousands of hours proving or eliminating every possibility, Their test plan spread sheet was just crazy . I've seen them run the dyno for weeks working on one tune . What I didn't see was passion. I love Gale to death , he is the real deal, and passionate Hot Rodder that wants to do it all. What they have is a bureaucracy bogged down by people scared of Gales wrath. Sorry Gale if you read this , but I have told you this many times . GBE has the absolute best people in the world on the pay role. If GBE wants to do any thing they will be the best, but because of the red tape if will take years. I think they will be busy , 117,000 Humvee repowers with Dmax engines will take a while.

I will help anyone that ask. Remember all ships rise the same with the tide. The diesel world has eaten itself because OF LEACHES like me. If one sanction body will not allow the powers that be ( a few moderators on a few diesel sites what they want , then start another and another.

The future is exciting for diesel powered race cars . There is funding available at every corner.

I see someone has been editing your posts again...very childish...

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I agree. I'm not his biggest fan either but the edits are just plain silly. Refute the information all one wants but the edits are not necessary. Only a small handful probably finds them funny by this point either. :thumb:

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
I just gloss over anything that has been obviously edited. I don't understand why anyone would go to those lengths regardless of who it is.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I see someone has been editing your posts again...very childish...
Yes it is childish, and a reflection of the staff here for ALLOWING it to happen. A moderator says to lighten up and give him a chance, and most here have done that, but one of the MODERATORS here STILL has a hard on for him, and is ABUSING his powers here as a moderator for his own childish activities just because HE doesn't agree with what COMP has to say. Many here will agree COMP was over the top before, but he has made positive efforts to change, participate, and have open discussions to explain his line of thinking, but we have a power trip egomaniac abusing his powers here for his own enjoyment. Sad really as I used to enjoy coming to this site, but it only takes one turd in the water to ruin the whole tank.