NHRDA Race

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
I want to give a special thanks to Jason for helping out at the race, thank you again. It was nice to Meet Jason, Mike L and Guy Tripp in person. It was a awsome event with a big group of diesel minded people. I hope to get this pig to run what I think it will run and not miss. I'm going to try and run it this weekend is possible and put some fuel to it and hope for the best. Thanks everyone for helping and giving new thoughts and ideas. I run a new personal best and have been running in the 7's for a few months and starting to get a better handle on things. I run a 4.92 1/8 and a 7.78 1/4 with the motor missing bad. Thanks everyone!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Great meeting you Jeff. :D
That dragster is going to blow some doors off the big boys here shortly. We were all amazed at how hard you launch. Your launching abilty is becoming legendary.:thumb::D:woott:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I was really impressed with the car, Jeff. It was good seeing you again and getting to watch you run. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Race

Thanks guys it was a good time. Nice to see you also Josh. I think that van is cool as hell! I like things that are different.I'll get it, we are headway on getting it there. The car itself makes me look good on the tree now that I have the staging down.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Congrats Jeff! Had fun hanging out with you guys.

You definetely have a lot more power available!:D

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Thanks Rick D and I will be giving you a call this winter. Now I just need a second off the et and we will be golden! Josh yes I run a pro tree trans brake form Hughes Performance. It's a simple none lockup powerglide.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks Rick D and I will be giving you a call this winter. Now I just need a second off the et and we will be golden! Josh yes I run a pro tree trans brake form Hughes Performance. It's a simple none lockup powerglide.

What is your staging procedure? I have a bump box that I need to get adjusted better to help me get it staged smoother, but I would be interested in hearing what your technique is.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Bump box???

That's funny that you have one. I would assume Davis is what you have? I didn't figure anyone would know what they are or were to get them. I was going to run one but with my car having a normal pedal (foot) brake and a hand brake (2 sets of calipers) I can stage with plenty of boost and set the brake and be ready. If you have the davis bump box you should be able to adjust it to move as little or as much as you need. They make different models depending on your brake but it should work excellent! They are bad a$$ unit that I think you will like once you get it dialed in. I think it was tim that I talked to there but I don't remember for sure. 11.50's is fast congrat's

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
That's funny that you have one. I would assume Davis is what you have? I didn't figure anyone would know what they are or were to get them. I was going to run one but with my car having a normal pedal (foot) brake and a hand brake (2 sets of calipers) I can stage with plenty of boost and set the brake and be ready. If you have the davis bump box you should be able to adjust it to move as little or as much as you need. They make different models depending on your brake but it should work excellent! They are bad a$$ unit that I think you will like once you get it dialed in. I think it was tim that I talked to there but I don't remember for sure. 11.50's is fast congrat's

Yes, Davis Technologies. The guy I talked to was Shannon. He had to tell me how to reprogram the time settings on the course knob so I could get it to work with my brake. The converter I'm running is so tight, I can't get past 1600 RPM before it starts spinning the back tires, so I had to come up with something. I do need to play with the settings to get it dialed in, but this was just my second race with the Bump Box. I think we're going to try to take the van out once more this year when the air is really good and see what we can get out of it. I'd like to get it into roll bar territory on spray and in the 11s on fuel, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Stole this from "Diesel Life" from FB

:woott::driving:

Attachments

• 230862_447225442001047_456051400_n.jpg
    230862_447225442001047_456051400_n.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 40

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Great seeing you again Jeff as always. Man your race against Robinson and your RT was awesome. Good thing you were way out front, when he starting losing oil and came into the center of the track and taking out the lights was a bit scary. Good luck with the dragster and I hope you find out what the hell the miss is, that is maddening I'm sure.

What was your MPH on that 7.79 pass so I can update the quick 50 list?