newer factory 20" rims on 09?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I would guess adapters with holes for the 8x6.5 pattern and new studs with the new spacing? Sorta like the import car guys do in order to run bolt patterns of different makes on their car - i.e. VW guys will run adapters to run newer bolt pattern that the same as BMW, MB, toyota, etc. to expand their choices of wheels.

That's just speculation though. Surely they didn't slot one or more holes to get them to fit? I don't even know how you could since the diam. of the circle pattern is larger.

Be interested to know for sure though.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
That's just speculation though. Surely they didn't slot one or more holes to get them to fit? I don't even know how you could since the diam. of the circle pattern is larger.

Be interested to know for sure though.

Well, that's how a boy did here. Ground the holes out till they fit, then called me a dumbass because I said they wouldn't fit.
He sold it not long after that, probably rode like shit. It was an o6 LBZ Chevrolet, black CC/SB

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Well, that's how a boy did here. Ground the holes out till they fit, then called me a dumbass because I said they wouldn't fit.

:roflmao::roflmao: I'm sure its just a wheel adapter.

http://adaptitusa.com/8x650to8x170wheeladapter.aspx
Just the first thing that popped up on google. They may actually the bigger I don't recall, 190 and 210? Eitherway thats what an adapter looks like. Probably wouldn't go the "cheap route" with something like this, and I'd get steel.

Last edited:

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Well, he'd have had to buy those, He already had the grinder :thumb: I watched for a minute, that's all I needed to see.

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
a buddy called on the truck in the link i posted. dealer ship said it was an adapter, but he said the newer wheel have a deeper off set so you can run a decent adapter and still have the tires inside the wheel well

Chapman_4

Jan 18, 2012
He sold it not long after that, probably rode like shit. It was an o6 LBZ Chevrolet, black CC/SB

Im pretty sure I know the guy who has that truck now. He said they have adapters to make them work, but that makes me wanna check em out closer I see if they are just drilled out.
http://www.golsn.com/listings/automotive/parts-accessories/2604819.html