newbie with an LB7 problem

55shoebox

Nov 18, 2008
I have a 2001 LB7 truck (150,000 miles) I have been having issues with, hopefully someone can help. The truck was hesitating and stuttering when I rolled into the throttle. Changed fuel filter - nothing. I took the truck to a diesel guy and he tested the whole fuel system and said it was injectors. Changed injectors and it helped but didn't fix it totally. I think when i did the injectors i unplugged or moved the "baro" sensor. Where does it go? I can't seem to find its home. Done a lot of research on the internet and can't get a clear answer. The truck still stutters a little, but is a lot better. I REALLY want this truck running again so any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Tracy

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Is check engine light on?

Looks like the baro sensor is on the drivers side of the engine under the upper radiator hose. I'm looking at the pic in the service manual so it's kind of difficult to explain...

Welcome

And
Load a sig (truck and any modifications/addons). It really helps when answering questions.

Last edited:

55shoebox

Nov 18, 2008
Thanks for the response. The truck is bone stock except new injectors (oem replacement). I am in the tri-cities wa. Thanks for the response to the sensor location, does it plug into the bracket? or somewhere on the motor/ valve cover? Thanks again!

p.s. the check engine light comes on and off & the oil pressure gauge is pegged high - sorry forgot that.

Last edited:

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
from the valve cover... the baro sensor will slide up and attach itself to the bracket. The plug will plug into the sensor.

light that comes and goes sounds like a p0380 which is a glow plug code.

Anyway you can get the code read?

55shoebox

Nov 18, 2008
Yeah i got a buddy that works at a city shop - and can borrow a scanner. Is that going to be my best avenue now that it runs is to scan it? What about the oil pressure so high? I dont know a lot about these trucks but am learning - again any help is appreciated. Thanks

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Oil pressure will fluctuate with RPM. It will also be high when the oil is cold.
There are a lot of codes. You need to have it scanned to know what the code is. Most auto parts stores sell them for cheap also. Did you get the Baro (Barometric pressure) sensor figured out?

Last edited:

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
ya definatly get the code info and we can help ya further.

Hopefully this pic helps. i did some injectors today and snapped this while puting everything back. The upper hose is not connected - but it makes for an easier location pic.

Attachments

• barosensor.jpg
    barosensor.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 26

55shoebox

Nov 18, 2008
cool thanks guys - yeah pic helps. I will try to get it scanned this weekend and let you know. Thanks again.

SFC Cobb

Oct 22, 2008
Hurst, TX
The oil pressure on the -01-02 ran higher than the the 03 and later. My 01 when at normal temp would run 60-70 psi. My 03 runs at about 45 psi. They seem to change the pressure settings from year to year.

Check the MAF air sensor and be sure it is clean and that the air filter is clean. If they are then they screwed up on the injectors and likely one is leaking. I had a stutter like what you are talking about and it turned out that I had one injector bad. The techs sometimes screw up the seals when reinstalling them. Take it back and have the dealer recheck the injectors. Do you have the correct oil level? If it is high an injector is leaking.