Newbie here...

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
looks bad ass. must be nice to get decent mileage in that heavy thing. i bet that 6.0 was struggling.

Struggling? That’s an understatement. That POS 6.0 with a supercharger was getting passed by little ol’ ladies in wheelchairs. :mad:

You couldn’t maintain 70mph on cruise control without it dropping out and in of overdrive. God forbid you pulled a trailer.

You couldn’t get over 7-8 mpg on the highway running 80-85. God forbid you pulled any kind of trailer, that was a guaranteed 6 mpg.

I mentioned earlier that with a trailer, I average 15-16 mpg. That’s wrong. Before I left last weekend, I changed oil and fuel filter. I just pulled my car trailer with my UTV on the back from Charlotte to Hatfield-McCoy trails in WV running about 75-80 pretty much most of the way and I averaged 21 mpg.

Apparently, changing the fuel filter on a diesel is much more important than on a gas engine.

Sad part is, I never did the swap for gas mileage. That was a bonus, just icing on the cake. I did it so I could pull my damn trailer without having to get passed by anything and everything on wheels. It’s great to run 85-90 with 4K of trailer on the back and have the ability to pass at will.

Gotta love a diesel. If I had known they were this great, I would have converted my first H2 6 years ago.

Mark