Newbie here...

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
Hello all,

Just signed up because I'm looking to do an LBZ swap into my H2. This is the second H2 I've owned and I've installed superchargers in both of them.

Needless to say, still waaay underpowered with 38's and 4.56's.

I borrowed a buddy's LLY duramax to tow a trailer and with the cruise set at 89, it went up hills without so much as getting out of overdrive.

Very impressive.

So, I'm looking for a LBZ drivetrain and/or totalled truck so I can have everything (ecm, harness, radiator, etc, etc) (I have found one but I'd really like to buy a totalled truck)

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime, I enjoy reading the threads, I'm sure it'll be a matter of time before the modding starts.

Thanks,

Mark

IMG_0756.jpg

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
:welcome6: & :welcome2:

I love seeing dmax swaps in to the H2.

If you are looking for help to find a totaled truck it may help to know where you are in the world :D

Thanks all.... much appreciated.

I'm in Charlotte, NC but the swap will occur in CA.

MadMaxx, guess I should say hello to a fellow Canuck. I moved to the States in 1979 when I moved from Edmonton.

Mark

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
Welcome to the site and have fun watching the money fly

I'm already finding that out...lol. While I'm having the conversion done, I've already bought a trans from Mike L and getting ready to order the PPE standard tune.

There's a quick almost 4K I wasn't counting on...lol.

Mark

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
Why only the standard tune ?

I was getting the standard tune because of this schedule....

Power Level HP Increase Torque Increase
1 40 97
2 90 160
3 160 240
4 225 335

I was assuming that with a stock LBZ and Mike L's stage III tranny, I could only use the 3rd power level anyways without causing a problem.

Figuring I could only use the 3rd level, I thought I always had one more level if I did more mods.

What kind of power can I add to a stock LBZ and Mike's stage III tranny?

Thanks,

Mark

PS: And still be safe.....

Last edited:

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Welcome to the site! I am from the Charlotte area also. On a stock turbo LBZ with a built tranny can hold 500hp to the wheels.

Hopefully when you get that truck done weI would love to see it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Honestly I would reccomend an LB7/LLY swap over the LBZ. Reason being as I recently saw a swap in progress in an H1 Alpha and the water pump on the LB7 is different and will work better for you when you try to connect to the lower rad hose, and there are many more of these engines around for good deals!!

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
Welcome to the site! I am from the Charlotte area also. On a stock turbo LBZ with a built tranny can hold 500hp to the wheels.

:eek:

500 TO THE WHEELS???? That's roughly (assuming a 15% loss) 600 HP.

I'm assuming that's why ripmf666 asked why I'm getting the standard instead of the hot.

What's the general concensus then if I'm using a PPE with a stock engine and stage III trans?

What PPE tune can I get away with safely without trashing or breaking crap all the time.

Welcome!

thats going to one badass hummer!

I'm hoping.... lots of power and gas mileage! :D

Honestly I would reccomend an LB7/LLY swap over the LBZ. Reason being as I recently saw a swap in progress in an H1 Alpha and the water pump on the LB7 is different and will work better for you when you try to connect to the lower rad hose, and there are many more of these engines around for good deals!!

Thanks for the suggestion... just a little late...lol. I already bought an '07 LBZ entire truck.

We're taking the radiator from the truck and using it in the Hummer so hopefully that's not an issue.

Thanks,

Mark

orangecrush

Dec 20, 2009
how did this swap turn out?

FANTASTIC!!!

Got the truck back about 8 months ago. They had a hell of a time with the wiring and ended up sending the truck to Predator. Even they kept it for almost 2 months trying to make the wiring work.

In the end, EVERYTHING is perfect. I don't mind doing a swap like this but I have to have everything working correctly. I don't want to pull bulbs or program out some CEL. I want everything to work like it came from the factory.

I tried 5 different tuners and went back to the Diablo tuner. I think the only thing better would have been the EFI live but I wanted plug and play.

The program is good for roughly 520 HP and 930 FTLBS of torque.

When I pull my UTV's on a trailer, the setup is roughly 4000 lbs. I can pass in the passing lane at 80-90 mph without going into overdirve in a heartbeat. Even at those speeds with a 4K trailer, I'm also getting 15-16 mpg.

I drove to the beach this weekend (about 4 hours one way) Though I didn't calculate it by hand, the DIC showed an average of 22 mpg there and back.

Around town I'm getting 18'ish depending on how aggressive I'm driving it.

Here's some pics.

IMG_0754.jpg

h2012.jpg

h2006.jpg

f7db0456.jpg

7edc79ac.jpg

Definitely worthwhile...