LLY: Newb tuning questions

A.Koehn

Feb 26, 2013
On a budget so I'm looking for cheap power. Found a few Diablosport Predator tuners reasonable on eBay. Seem to be for 06-07 LLY/LBZ, would these work on my 05 LLY?? And would it be worth my money? Also the pros and cons of strait piping it?

04D_MAX

force fed
Sep 10, 2012
SOUTH GA
save up and get efi live, I waisted my money on a superchip and regret it. once you get a small programmer like that you are guna want more power. its a never ending addiction!!:driving:

A.Koehn

Feb 26, 2013
I want EFI live but with high mileage and a stock tranny would it be worth it to me? I mean why spend a grand on it if i cant put but a 100hp tune on it? Course I'm green at this too so if I'm all wet by all means call me stupid...:) looking at around $100 for one o the plug an go tuners... Don't wanna spend much cuz of what's already been mentioned....

04D_MAX

force fed
Sep 10, 2012
SOUTH GA
i would keep it stock if your not guna plan to upgrade the trans, even with a 100hp tune theres no guarantee your trans is guna last. but of course it depends on how heavy your foot is

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
who said you have to spend a 1000?? Where you located? ask some vendors on here for some pricing on an autocal or take your truck somewhere to get tuned. The money you waste on a plug and play youll never get back where as youll be able to have your turner go back through your tunes when you add more horsepower related things to it. Believe me, i started out spending butt loads of money on crappy programmers cause i didnt know about efi in the begining. And your tuner will design your tunes with your trans in mind,. I ran around for 3 years on a 120hp tune and never had an issue

05chevy3500

Feb 25, 2013
I have a predator for your lly ,,i just bought efi so im selling this ,,To me this is a start to see if tuning is what you want plus it has scanning ,and balancing rates ,,but if your intrested im selling for a $100 bucks ...its unlocked and ready for the next truck,,,,OH this is my first post here ,glad to come check yall out

A.Koehn

Feb 26, 2013
Like I said I'm green... I'm not aware of any shops close to me. There's alot of guys around here running diesels but they just do the handheld tuner thing and blow $400+ on em too. Not really my style. If I'm gonna spend that kinda dough I want something I can use. I'm not against trans upgrades, just don't want to have to do it till I'm ready:)

A.Koehn

Feb 26, 2013
Oh and I'm right on the AL/MS line between Tuscaloosa and Meridian.... Anyone know of a good shop let me know...

Great White

Great White
Jul 16, 2009
Show Low Arizona
Just my two cents worth but I had an Edge with attitude and always ran it at level 4. This was with my 2004 LB7 and as long as I didn't abuse the power levels I never had any problems. But!! if you want to do it right talk to Dustin or Rob at ATP Truck Performance, either on their forum, located here or on the phone. When they did my tunes they asked for a complete history of any work I had done and then Rob set me up with the approprate tunes, they don't have to all be set on "Kill" as Mike Loveridge calls it they can set you up with an Auto Cal unit and you just plug it into you truck and do the downloads. This is a pretty simple process or Dustin can help walk you thru it. This is the way to go because you can always revisit the process and send your autocal back in and get new tunes as you start to build your truck and it's pieces.:cool2:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I want EFI live but with high mileage and a stock tranny would it be worth it to me? I mean why spend a grand on it if i cant put but a 100hp tune on it? Course I'm green at this too so if I'm all wet by all means call me stupid...:) looking at around $100 for one o the plug an go tuners... Don't wanna spend much cuz of what's already been mentioned....
1st of all do you think a caned tuner knows if your truck is a high miler? This is the exact reason to use an efi live tuner so he will know whats safe for your motor and trans.And 1000?Depends if you want a v2 with the works or if you want a pretuned ecm or a loaner auto cal to install your tunes and then return it.EFI live is the way to go for sure.