New turbo! Couple questions...

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
It isn't a true LB7 rumble if its constantly changing:D My tuner generally makes tune 1 & 5 have LB7 Rumble. When its idling the vanes stay right at 3% on those.

Has to be one of the most annoying noises I have ever heard, especially inside the cab. Fortunately my rumble tune is only on the "mileage" tune and I rarely if ever use that, just need the go fast tune....

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Not sure what's annoying about it. I personally am not a VGT fan and hate the hiss sound. On my LLY I had every tune LB7 Rumble, but u still couldn't get away from the annoying VGT squeal at WOT. Its especially obvious with 5" strait ex.
Has to be one of the most annoying noises I have ever heard, especially inside the cab. Fortunately my rumble tune is only on the "mileage" tune and I rarely if ever use that, just need the go fast tune....

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
curious to follow your path on upgrading the fueling. My mod path is exactly what you just did ( built trans first followed by this turbo on an all stock lbz . have the down pipe and lmm manifold on the shelf just gotta keep the parts stock looking to pass that smog test b.s. we have to deal with here.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
curious to follow your path on upgrading the fueling. My mod path is exactly what you just did ( built trans first followed by this turbo on an all stock lbz . have the down pipe and lmm manifold on the shelf just gotta keep the parts stock looking to pass that smog test b.s. we have to deal with here.

You're OK with these if you live in California, PPE has a C.A.R.B.-E.O. number for them...

http://www.pacificp.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=216

Stock manifolds with PPE uppipes legal also...

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67773

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
Not worried about those , more worried about everything post turbo and turbo itself. The only good thing about the oem turbo location is its well concealed and the fact these turbos look stock

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Goodness, he don't tell me anything about tuning. He said he figured about everything himself so I got to too. LOL I can't really blame him. No tuner is going to tell you his tricks. All I know is that he has a knack for it and I have used his tunes on several different trucks. Definitely not saying there isn't, but I have yet to see better.
How did he delete the self test?

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You are going to get a test upon start up but if you do the little things right you won't have constant cycling or a annoying hiss.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Yea mine only foes the vane position test on start up sometimes. And tony sent me two sets of tunes, all rumble or all hiss at idle. He said its all personal preference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Hey guys im still having problems with my down pipe sealing into my exhaust. And there is no way i can get levi's passenger side up pipe blanket around the up pipe and in between the down pipe. This is an mbrp down pipe i think. And with these oversized up pipes theres just no room. I seen on dirty hooker diesel's page tony advertises his down pipe as having more clearance than others. Has anyone used his down pipe? I was thinking i would have better luck with that and a driver side dipstick.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Hey guys im still having problems with my down pipe sealing into my exhaust. And there is no way i can get levi's passenger side up pipe blanket around the up pipe and in between the down pipe. This is an mbrp down pipe i think. And with these oversized up pipes theres just no room. I seen on dirty hooker diesel's page tony advertises his down pipe as having more clearance than others. Has anyone used his down pipe? I was thinking i would have better luck with that and a driver side dipstick.

May have to slightly remove some of the curve on the down pipe with a beater and a block of wood where the 2 intersect.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Yup, i was the one who called you the other day dan. Will be buying one as soon as funds become available! Thanks

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
How is this new turbo working for you Bowles? Any more videos?

It was working out great till my transmission input shaft broke! Haha i only have a couple hundred miles on it so far. I like it a lot though. It pegs my 35psi boost gauge. And the air just flows better and longer i think. Less lag also.