New Toy!

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Heres a pic from the last time i rode before i hurt my leg.. Fat people can fly!! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 41

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I raced intermediate when I was younger... I could pick off a few Pro's..... When they crashed :rofl:. I retired about 7 years ago. Practicing for a State race here in Alaska and wadded up in a fast straightaway. Broken Collar Bone, Shoulder Blade, 3 Broken Ribs & a punctured Lung :D. Still a day doesn't go by that I don't think about Moto, it get's in your blood and never leaves. Im 38 now and have been toying with getting back into it. Ktm 250sx 2 smoke with the 300 cylinder would be a fun bike.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
I raced intermediate when I was younger... I could pick off a few Pro's..... When they crashed :rofl:. I retired about 7 years ago. Practicing for a State race here in Alaska and wadded up in a fast straightaway. Broken Collar Bone, Shoulder Blade, 3 Broken Ribs & a punctured Lung :D. Still a day doesn't go by that I don't think about Moto, it get's in your blood and never leaves. Im 38 now and have been toying with getting back into it. Ktm 250sx 2 smoke with the 300 cylinder would be a fun bike.

i wanted to build the ktm 300sx, thats such a sick bike! i keep sticking with the 450 becuase of my size, a 4 stroke suits me better.. if i had xtra loot id build that 300 for fun.. i was going to keep my 11 honda and buy an 06 yz250 and make it a big bore but i went and bought this dungey bike instead, it was calling my name, im a glitter bitch and this thing is blinged out :roflmao:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Sigh... I really mis that feeling. Nice pic:thumb:

yea i keep riding because sometimes those jumps scare the hell out of me until i do them, i like that feeling! u are obviously a faster rider than i, dont know if its the same for u but i like the feeling of either u make it or its gonna be bad :rofl:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I was faster for sure on my 4-stroke but had more fun it seemed on the 2-strokes. The Dungey bike is Beautiful & with your size it would be the most competitive.

I kinda mis my old 500's... I had a 85' CR500 all white with Mcgraths Peak graphics on it. 87 kx500 and an 87 cr500. Maybe I will look into building a KX500AF. Villopoto's Bike with a 500 2-stroke is my wet dream. I'm not racing anymore and just want something to go to the track with once in awhile for fun.

You remind me of a Friend of mine I raced with in Nevada. He was 6' 6" 285... I remember when he called the guy at race tech to have the suspension done on his 98 KX250. He told the guy how big he was and the guy said "& you race Moto?" Brian told him to shutup:D He gave me all I wanted for a few laps then he would get tired. I damn sure didn't want to leave the door open cause he would knock you through it:spit:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
yea i keep riding because sometimes those jumps scare the hell out of me until i do them, i like that feeling! u are obviously a faster rider than i, dont know if its the same for u but i like the feeling of either u make it or its gonna be bad :rofl:

Ya, the first time you nut up and hit a big gap or some seemingly impossible jump combination, the butterflies are in full force. I always overjump stuff, I hate coming up short. Biggest jump I ever did was a natural table top in Idaho, about 120 feet to the sweet spot. 3rd gear pinned on the YZF and it would skip off of the top of the landing 4th gear (top gear on the YZ) half throttle to the sweet spot. I told myself I don't like jumps that require top gear haha.

We are probably closer speed wise than you think. I raced a few Cali guys In Reno and southern Nevada. They seemed to be a class faster than ours. Plus I haven't rode in 6-7 years now. I would look like a beginner, front end high, panic revving everything, run over the gate, loop out on the start:D

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
i say build another bike,a service honda kx 500 or even a service honda kx250 b sick! dont waste your lifes work, just slow down a pinch.. lol, easier said than done.. i had a 91 honda cr500 , miss the way that bike sounded ..

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
i say build another bike,a service honda kx 500 or even a service honda kx250 b sick! dont waste your lifes work, just slow down a pinch.. lol, easier said than done.. i had a 91 honda cr500 , miss the way that bike sounded ..

That's the problem Ryan. I'm a racer... If Ricky, The Ryans, James, Jeremy all lined up on the gate with me, in my mind I could beat those guy's:roflmao: So my career went something like this. Win moto one, crash out of moto 2 trying to catch and pass the class in front of me that had a 1/2 lap head start:eek::D

All my major injuries came from racing or practicing for a race... If I just go to the track, dunes or Mts for fun, I'm usually good. Maybe a little road rash here and there but no broken Dislocated bones.

Gorr makes a sweet 290 kit for the 250's that would be another cool AF conversion. I will probably build another, maybe this winter. Just for old times sake;)

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Sweet KTM :thumb: Reading this thread gets my heart beating thinking about the track, jumps, Racing and the inevitable crashes/Injurys that go along with it.. I miss it everyday and it's been 10 years since I raced MX, I Still ride and hit up the occasional Motard or GNCC race. But at 35 with a book full of broken .bones herniated disk's and other MX related injury's I try to limit my racing for my own good ;) Funny you guy's mention "Racing in your Blood" Same here, been riding since I was 4 years old and even now to this day as much as I give my self a pep talk before riding about taking it easy, I want to WIN once I get out there no matter if I'm on the track or just banging bars with some buddies in the woods its on :)

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
Kawi's are where it is at.

Sweet looking bike though. :D

At least it is better than a Honda. ;) :hug:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Sweet KTM :thumb: Reading this thread gets my heart beating thinking about the track, jumps, Racing and the inevitable crashes/Injurys that go along with it.. I miss it everyday and it's been 10 years since I raced MX, I Still ride and hit up the occasional Motard or GNCC race. But at 35 with a book full of broken .bones herniated disk's and other MX related injury's I try to limit my racing for my own good ;) Funny you guy's mention "Racing in your Blood" Same here, been riding since I was 4 years old and even now to this day as much as I give my self a pep talk before riding about taking it easy, I want to WIN once I get out there no matter if I'm on the track or just banging bars with some buddies in the woods its on :)
Yep a racer is a racer... There is no second place.

I was watching the Red Bud rerun on dvr while I was typing. Poor Dungey had a rough day...

My blood was pumping while I was typing:D

Hows the Ape?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Yep a racer is a racer... There is no second place.

I was watching the Red Bud rerun on dvr while I was typing. Poor Dungey had a rough day...

My blood was pumping while I was typing:D

Hows the Ape?

Sold the Aprilia awhile back, fun bike with a ton of power to weight ratio but constant maintanance and everything was twice the price to fix or maintain. Thinking about giving a KTM SM 450 or husqvarna 510 a try next..

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Sold the Aprilia awhile back, fun bike with a ton of power to weight ratio but constant maintanance and everything was twice the price to fix or maintain. Thinking about giving a KTM SM 450 or husqvarna 510 a try next..

There a little rare around these parts... I would like to ride one just to say I did.

If I don't build a AF 2-stroke of some sorts, I will probably be on a KTM.