New toy: Big A$$ Miller tig welder

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
New toy: Miller tig

Came across a Miller Syncrowave 300 AC/DC welder, and could not pass it up. The guy is going through some bad times and needed the cash, so I helped him out. It has a new torch and hose, full box of Alum. rod, a bunch of misc. cups, and a mid size Argon bottle. It must have either came off the Titanic, or helped weld it together:D. Its about 4.5'x3'x2.5' and probably weighs about 700lb. It Will be perfect for the big jobs that I have wanted to tackle. Im sneaking out tonight to tap into the main power pole down the street;). This thing can draw almost 100A.

Attachments

• Syncrowave 300.jpg
    Syncrowave 300.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I think it's the iceberg that sunk the titanic! Good stuff to come now that you have an AC/DC tig :thumb:

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
that's a great machine and I there's not much it can't handle. I've spent a lot of time with the 250 synchrowave and really liked it. I'd love to have one for the garage.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Awesome!

How many guys have a welder that big in their shop?? :cool:

( Tim Allen : Argg arrgg arrgg !!! )

Last edited:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Headed out in a lil while to go pick it up, since the rain is giving us a break. Im hoping my cherry picker is wide enough to go around it, and will lift it high enough, to get it on a motorcycle trailer. I guess I cant go wrong for $600, so I'll stop whining now...

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Headed out in a lil while to go pick it up, since the rain is giving us a break. Im hoping my cherry picker is wide enough to go around it, and will lift it high enough, to get it on a motorcycle trailer. I guess I cant go wrong for $600, so I'll stop whining now...

thats damn good price! i thought i got a deal when i got a old style Miller TIG, $800 last year.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Thanks! The Cherry picker worked fine but had me a little nervous. It was almost all the way up, and the COG was not in the best place (back wheels bouncing:eek:). Still on and off rain showers today, so that was not helping at all. I have been looking around on line, and the going price is between $1300-$2100 for this welder, so im happy.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Nice score russ! Think we paied like $600+ for our old Miller Moonlighter, it is like new though, still you got a smokin deal!:thumb:

deHuncho

Jun 18, 2009
SW Va.
Millers are awesome. We have one a little bigger in the shop at work, you can litterally weld anything with one of those if you know how to set it up. Our's goes through argon like a beast though. Sweet pickup on the welder and lookin forward to new parts.:thumb:

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Very good deal. I got a 250dx and have worked with a 300 like yours you will have excellent arc control on thin material . how are you hooking it up 3 phase or single with a converter. I think if you take the back panel off there are jumpers you change depending on power input.