New to this forum but far from new to performance

Midnightrider

Jan 5, 2010
Sup fellas Im jason, just picked up my new pig. She is a 04 CCSB 4x4 LT 2500hd with a LLY.
Im a regular on performance trucks and silveradoss.com and quick streettrucks.com. Most know me for my 04 1500.

Plans for the truck will be conservative cause i already have a rediculous hot rod. I will be leveling the front, CAI and exhuast. 20s, nitto grapplers and a good tune. Ive never believed in handhelds but i know its a bit different in the diesel world. This truck is a work truck and a dd for me. i dont have pics from my camera yet but ill post some of it in the dealership i bought it from.
Also some pics of my hot rod. I hope to learn alot about these 6.6 trucks.

dura1.jpg

dura2.jpg

dura3.jpg

my Twin turbo LSX block 447 silverado

outsidetrk_lo_res.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3397.jpg

447 built for 2000hp
IMG_3426.jpg

if you wanna know more fell free to ask

Midnightrider

Jan 5, 2010
:hello: & Welcome! Nice collection of GM power! Ur 1500 is sik! Is the LSX in it?

Tell us more:thumb:

the lsx is still being built the turbos you see are 62mm ive sold those and upgraded to TC 78s im shooting for 1200+ hp on pumpgas and meth. To put it down to the ground a built 80e, 4link, FAB 9 inch and wrinkle walls.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Damn, that looks pretty sweet. Welcome and congrats on the buy of the duramax. Where are you located?

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
norman oklahoma. Im a driller on a oil and gas rig so im all over texas and ok.

Huh! Been to Norman, for Slamboree a few times:D;) Im a slammed/lowered truck fanatic aswell as appears you are too:spit: I may have seen your ride before, but not sure, my memory is slippin:rofl:

Im north of ya a little ways, Wichita, KS. Pretty sure i'll have my truck down that way somtime when its finished.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Welcome to the site. Two nice looking rides you have there. You ever make it to the Tyler, TX area?

Midnightrider

Jan 5, 2010
Welcome:thumb: No need for a hand held EFILive from a vendor here and you will be rockin'

ide prefer hp tuners thats what we use to tune my 1/2 ton. That way i can take it back to stock for warranty. I bought a 4 year warranty with the purchase

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
ide prefer hp tuners thats what we use to tune my 1/2 ton. That way i can take it back to stock for warranty. I bought a 4 year warranty with the purchase

EFI Live is basically an improved HP Tuner. Trust the guys on here and get EFI Live. You can set it back to stock whenever you want and make custom tunes to suit your needs.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
:welcome::welcome7:

nice rig. Like others said go EFI-Live you might even change to it for the 1500 as they are much better at helping you are have done much more for the dmax the HP has.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
still being built... with the old supercharger it went 12.60 @106 full street trim. With the new power plant it will easily see 10s and set silverado extended cab records.
I guess you mean half ton gasser Silverado records. There's a diesel extended cab Silverado that has run 9s :thumb:

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY

HPtuners is great software. It is what i tune with, but unlike efilive you cant really get tunes from "expert" tuners. You have to do all the work yourself, many days reading old threads and figuring out exactly how these diesels operate and days of playing with tunes. If it is something you are going to invest the time in then i wouldn't hesitate to recomend hptuners, but if not efilive is what you want:thumb: