New to the forum what to do

Bnkc08

Dec 20, 2015
Hi my name is Brett I am new to this forum I do not have a duramax yet but have wanted one for a long time and I am searching now I have found a couple I am looking at and wanted some advice and input on what to do I ahve found a super clean lb7 that's never been touched for a hell of a deal or to find one that already looks really good and has efi live with a dsp5,exhaust,intake,and some other goodies they both have around 230,xxx miles one is a 03 and a virgin,the other is an 02 and has all the upgrades above and customized cosmetically I just want to know what the best way would be to go one side of me tells me to go with the virgin the other side says go with the one that is already modded because the mods are pretty expensive and j have a family and a pretty tight budget. I would just really like some good input on which one to go with

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I would do more research on the 03, esp the injectors. If it checks out, you can drive a stock truck until you save up enough money to do the mods you want.
You have no idea the history on that modded 02. Even if it has a built trans, you have no idea how beat-on it was. Really want to have to repair something that was "hidden" when you dont really have the budget to do so????
I personally wouldnt touch an already-modded truck with a 10ft pole.

Bnkc08

Dec 20, 2015
Thank you for your input that's kind of what I was thinking and I am going to try and do as much work to whatever I get myself I'm a gasser mechanic but I know a little about diesels thank you