New to pulling a duramax

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
I dont have the first gear delete yet and the guy ahead of me who won hammered out the gate and it hopped so hard when it shifted to 2nd it pulled front end off the ground soI let it shift to 2nd then hammered down, the ol lady put the hammer down out the gate and it didn't hop so I guess now I won't be scared haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
i run a second gear start tune with my truck (stock turbo) it actually helps alot! my trq converter is sloppier than stock too so i get my egt's to 600ish before dropping the hammer. It switches to second so fast anyways it doesn't REALLY matter but i've found it to work good with my set-up.

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
what tuner you running? in 4lo you should be able to run as hot of a tune as you want with a stock turbo and turn defuel off and be fine, that's how i pulled all last year with my ATS E-power set to the max tune. i only switched to a built tranny because i couldn't stop beating on it on the street with efi :D

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
what tuner you running? in 4lo you should be able to run as hot of a tune as you want with a stock turbo and turn defuel off and be fine, that's how i pulled all last year with my ATS E-power set to the max tune. i only switched to a built tranny because i couldn't stop beating on it on the street with efi :D

Ppe hot

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.809587,-92.852893

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Ethan, whenever you want to step up to the big league and get efi lol..it's a lot better on transmission and will make better power..I think you could of beat him with some good efi tuning..

I WOULD have beat him if I had cheated like he did and had my rear end blocked solid, mine was squatting like crazy! Lol next year I'll get him, oh and by the way I just got the word we will be having two power on the dirt pulls next year! So be ready Jason lol

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.809632,-92.852911

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
I'll be in Afghanastan still, getting my tankers license here soon lol..I'd rather roll in the LAVs but I guess we need a license to tow them ****ers too..

Anyways, you should of called him out and or him DQed, I hate it when people tell you you can't do something and someone turns around and does it..

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
I'll be in Afghanastan still, getting my tankers license here soon lol..I'd rather roll in the LAVs but I guess we need a license to tow them ****ers too..

Anyways, you should of called him out and or him DQed, I hate it when people tell you you can't do something and someone turns around and does it..

thats the story of our stock class

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
JDPlowboy, how close are you to Marshall, MO. Looked at your google maps deal and it looks like you're pretty close, we'll be down that way on Oct. 13th for the state and national cornhusking event