new to Duramax

darkside

Sep 15, 2011
left coast
Hello gents

I am a new mamber to this site and although I have had a Dodge Cummins since 96. I just sold the old girl and bought a 05 chev 4x4, LB.
I loved the Dodge but It was getting a little tired after 300000k. So as I said on the cummins site I have switched over to the Dark side as my sig. indicates.
I have had the truck less thana week but am pretty impressed.It is all stock so am looking forward to some upgrades after I learn more about the max. Any advice anybody wants to pass along is appreciated.
Anything I should be aware of as far as problems with the truck. suggested upgrades. I'm only interested im mild power increase. I will install after market exhuast and intake.

darkside

Sep 15, 2011
left coast
Thanks for the welcome and the link. Great info. Still trying to figure out the short shorts but i get most of it.
I'm not planning to race it. This is my daily driver and would like a little more pop off the line. That being said, thats what I said when I first got the cummins;).

whats a good average fuel milage to expect out of this rig?. Right now I seem to be getting around 16. But I really haven't been driving normally this first week. lots of hills and a little romping and having fun. Trying to get a good feel for it.
It takes a country mile to make a turn with this as opposed to my dodge reg cab

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
The best I have ever mileage I have ever had was just over 19 with my HTT and a tune that should be near 500 HP. That was in 2WD, on highway, mixed flats and hills.

Every time I have put on a power adder I have had better mileage as long as I don't get on it hard....:roflmao:

OOPS, I forgot to say, my wife was riding with me when I was getting the good mileage. :D

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Hello gents

I am a new mamber to this site and although I have had a Dodge Cummins since 96. I just sold the old girl and bought a 05 chev 4x4, LB.
I loved the Dodge but It was getting a little tired after 300000k. So as I said on the cummins site I have switched over to the Dark side as my sig. indicates.
I have had the truck less thana week but am pretty impressed.It is all stock so am looking forward to some upgrades after I learn more about the max. Any advice anybody wants to pass along is appreciated.
Anything I should be aware of as far as problems with the truck. suggested upgrades. I'm only interested im mild power increase. I will install after market exhuast and intake.
Welcome to the site,you will love it....................(I'm only interested im mild power increase. I will install after market exhuast and intake.) yeah sure thats we what we all said :roflmao::rofl::joker:

darkside

Sep 15, 2011
left coast
Wife in truck is definetly good for a couple of mpg.

I'll do the safe stuff first gauges, lift pump, tranny, ---------- Then ---we'll see where it goes:thumb: