New tires Firestone Transforce AT's

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I've run Transforce AT's on my truck and wasn't impressed. They're basically the Firestone Steeltex tires, which were 'ok' on my 97, but the treadlife on the Transforce AT's sucked on my 04 (and that was way back when I was still at stock power or not much over). I've been pretty happy with the Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo2's that are on my truck now.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Epic 4G

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I've run Transforce AT's on my truck and wasn't impressed. They're basically the Firestone Steeltex tires, which were 'ok' on my 97, but the treadlife on the Transforce AT's sucked on my 04 (and that was way back when I was still at stock power or not much over). I've been pretty happy with the Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo2's that are on my truck now.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Epic 4G

To late :D

There bought and on the truck road test this week. I'm not a high mileage driver BUT I do hope to get some miles out of them. If I get 35/40 K out of them It'll probably be time to get rid of the truck anyway. :D

My biggest thing is ride and quietness for the time being. I guess tires are one of those things love them or hate them. Some rave about the tire others not so much. They are pretty aggressive to what I normally run hopefully they wont sling rocks off the tubs. They look like they'll go like a bitch in the snow,if you drove in the snow,that is. :joker:

They look good and are good and tall,we'll see.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I have the Firestones on my LML from the factory.

I don't recall what the tire was on my truck when I got it they came off right quick. The tread looks alot like these a real lot but I know they weren't Transforce not even sure if they were Firestones.

I wish they were USA made tires but atleast they aren't Chinese. Sucks

I believe they are made in Japan? Dunno

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
There bought and on the truck road test this week. I'm not a high mileage driver BUT I do hope to get some miles out of them. If I get 35/40 K out of them It'll probably be time to get rid of the truck anyway. :D

So what another 10 years or so ? :witch:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Dad just put a set on his half ton chevy, the tire seems to be very good, do good in the mud gravel and wet grass. No complaints so far, I personally am hooked on Hankook tires you just can't beat them for the price.

tadams72

Mar 27, 2010
I have them and can tell you they will be worth way more than 20k miles. I've probably got close to 15k on mine and they still look close to new. They handle well and are quiet. Wet traction seems pretty good and my trip into the Sierras last winter they gripped well in 6" of snow. Don't seem squirmy under heavy load either. All in all, a great tire for the money. You keep yourself from laying the racing stripes thru your parking lot and they should last you quite awhile.:thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
So what another 10 years or so ? :witch:

Exactly that's what I'm saying! :thumb:

It took 10 years to rack up 68K with the majority of those miles done the first 4 years I'm guessing I've only put about 15K on it in the last 6 years. :D

It's not that I don't enjoy the truck it's I just don't drive it in in-climate weather. Unfortunately that might change if my Jeep keeps pissing me off. The Pressure Plate that is in there I replaced less than 2 years ago just shit the bed and now I have to tear it apart this weekend,that SUCKS! I put a heavy duty Off-Road Hayes in it and I think it was defective right from the get go as I could never get it adjusted correctly. Now I'm just going with a stock unit.

The truck looks brand new except for a few wear and tear items. People that aren't GM knowledgeable in body style changes think the truck IS brand new. Kinda funny

In 68K the sad part is ,not counting the stock set I just took off at brand new when I purchased my Ultra Wheel mags and fitted with a set of Michelins, this is the forth set of tires I have bought,that is ridiculous! :mad:

I guess technically they weren't full "sets". If I owned a 2500 HD they would be. I bought a full set of Michelins,then a new set off drives for some reason they went bald. Then a full set of Cooper tires and once again the drives went bald,then this full set of Firestones. Pretty dumb if you ask me looking back.

So this will be my last set of tires for this truck barring any road hazards it WONT be for doing burn outs thats for sure. Perhaps just one to remove the sticker residue! :rofl:

Just kidding!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I just did quick math on it and that's like 5 Grand on tires in 10 years! :mad:

Can you imagine? I could have gotten a set of Twins from Trent ,can you believe it,holey shit! I need to print this out and put it on my visor like I do with all my warning violations for unsafe movement and speeding tickets as a reminder CUT IT OUT! :D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I don't have a lot of seat time really yet and probably not the best tire evaluator out there but so far these tires fit MY criteria to the tee!

1) They look great on my truck
2) At 50 PSI there is enough space between the rears for clearance. On a foot note that is something I did NOT get with the Michelins. If needed I can air up to eliminate bulging under load IF necessary.
3) The ride is VERY quiet and comfortable!

So IMO for my application I made the right choice.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Let's see some pics of princess Mack with her new skins! Haven't seen that truck in a few years:thumb:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
I've had Transforce ATs on for a little over 2yrs now. 20k+ so far little signs of wear. Used for plowing one season so far and worked out well. The only trouble Iv'e had so far was a mishap. I backed down my driveway and rubbed a small piece of slate shale. It sliced like a razor through the sidewall.:( It sucked because it only had like 1200 miles on it. Oh well, couldn't bring myself to through it out (must be the cheapness in me). Now my kids have an expensive tire swing.:thumb:

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Yeah Mac, pictures. Hows the queen holding up? Destroy any more transmissions?:D I cant say im as bad as you, but im on set #6 at 60k on my 2002. 3 sets of them were BFG ATs.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
What kind of person would have a badaas killer dually Duramax named princess? :rolleyes:
This truck is a legend.
Tony Martino says this badass truck is a queen.
I want to hear directly from the lion tamer. Is princess in fact a pussy? :rofl::angel::hug::D

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Yeah Mac, pictures. Hows the queen holding up? Destroy any more transmissions?:D I cant say im as bad as you, but im on set #6 at 60k on my 2002. 3 sets of them were BFG ATs.

It looks the same just a tad bit of wear and tear. Need a new rear bumper ,other than that it's in excellent shape IMO.

No I haven't fried any more transmissions. Some day I would like to go back and get all the greatest Suncoast has to offer. That is one thing still today that I kick my stupid ass in the nuts over being a jackass but it was different times and I was frustrated, in reality looking back, it was COMPLETELY MY FAULT!

Nonetheless the ATS is holding up and over the last few years and the economy has retaught me lessons of the value of the Ole'Mighty dollar so although I've had my moments I've rethunk my destructive actions and behaviors. Live and learning,yes I said LEARNING.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
What kind of person would have a badaas killer dually Duramax named princess? :rolleyes:
This truck is a legend.
Tony Martino says this badass truck is a queen.
I want to hear directly from the lion tamer. Is princess in fact a pussy? :rofl::angel::hug::D

Ya certainly it as given that nickname of Princess but at the time it was no pussy. Never backed down!

Called Princess because it was treated like royalty very high maintance nothing but the best,a fly couldn't land on her with out taking a tumble . :D

Today unfortunately instead of having a Nutz sack of the hitch it would have a vagina,sad to say. Today many challenges ,and they happen a lot, I just let them slip on by. It takes a lot to get me rev'd up and except the challenge but occasionally I do except . :D

Today I refer to her as "Big Black". So in reality the truck is a lion that will occasionally roar the old fart behind the wheel has been tamed. :angel:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
She's like Paris Hilton, high maintenance, likes publicity, always in style.

I think she should be like "Destiny or Victoria", Mackin knows those two young ladies. Kind of classy, kind of trashy, but knows how to get 'er done.

;)

That was some stag and some real hot broads. :D

Since we're on that note did you go to that stag one of Billys buddies or brother when I started that metal chair rubber booty leg floor protectors like the ones you see on old lady canes or walkers to protect the brand new floor in that hall FIGHT? :angel: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I[[ probably go to hell (IIR it think it was a church) for it but I never laughed so fricken hard in my life that night. Quick set up

Where Bill had this stag was in a church hall that just had the floor redone and they had those protectors on the chair legs. They were really serious about protecting the floor and spillage of beer. I still don't understand why they allowed a stag to take place there anyway.

All night when you sat in these chairs and pushed yourself back or pulled yourself forward those booty's would come off and leave the chair lopsided. Got to be a pain in the ass. Well :)angel:) I reached down and grabbed a few of them and Bill was up on the stage doing the raffle and sure enough a bonked him off the head with one and then just about everyone began doing the same. The stage was littered with them so they started firing back. It was all out war :rofl:

These bootys were flying through the air people were dodging them spilling the beer knocking over full cups of bear it was a dam riot until the guy running the hall came in.

Boy did he throw a shit-fit threw everyone out called the cops I thought he was gonna have a heart attack. I got the hell out of there but was told they had one mess to clean up! From what I seen it was a war zone not a chair left had those bootys on the legs but were scattered all over the floor. Funny I tell you FUNNY. :rofl:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I don't remember that one, but there is a lot I don't remember......;)

The best was when we were at La-Cupola in Litchfield and Destiny and Victoria started the show, when I handed Tom my winning ticket and he turned his ball back backwards it was on !

I lost my sun glasses at that stag....oh well.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I didn't think you went to that one it was one of the crazies stags I ever went to with out strippers. When the cops get called you know it was fun. :rofl: