New sleeves by Super Diesel

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
well these arrived today :D I hope to get them installed either Friday or Saturday and put them to the test on Sunday @ a 1/4 mile diesel event . I will add some pics as I do the install and then post how they worked after the event if it doesn't get rained out . ohhhh ya btw these are made of 6061-T6 (very tough aluminum)as per Super Diesel

Attachments

• sleeves 1.jpg
    sleeves 1.jpg
    538 KB · Views: 50
  • sleeves 2.jpg
    sleeves 2.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 57
  • sleeves 3.jpg
    sleeves 3.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 45

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
OK so I installed them tonight :D not a bad install ,even considering the salt roads here in new england
Congrats - good luck!!

Where you headed??
the plan is to go to winterport dragway 1/8th mile , weather permitting on sunday

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
Update , sleeves did there job . I didnt launch real hard tonight , but after i get the hang of the racing ill give her hell lol

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
after i get the videos uploaded ill give all the details . I did end up in third place :D was only beat out by another duramax . and you let me know when up plan to sell the duals im definitely interested

trailerpro

Aug 6, 2006
Salem, Ohio
Aluminum sleeves threaded on a steel tie rod? Isn't it going to corrode like crazy when salt gets in between? I thought that was why he used stainless.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
Ill let everyone know how they do down the road with Corrosion . Super diesel asked me if I wanted to test these so accepted :hug:

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
The skid plate, trans, T-case, heads, front and back motor plates are aluminum as well. I thought this too, but I haven't seen any ill effects on mine in 4 years. These are a very tough aluminum also (T6). Maybe since it's all grounded, corrosion (anode) from electrolysis doesn't effect it so much?

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i would pull them off soon and never-sieze the piss out every area that will come in contact with the sleeves. then you can be worry free :) and of course align it again

Chevytech122

I need NOS
Jun 2, 2009
Potsdam, NY
I did alignments in Northern New York at a Chevy Dealer. A few of my friends and I have sleeves, even with anti-sieze the sleeves and tie rod will still corrode together. I had to take the inner and outer off together and heat the sleeve up the entire time i was turning it off the inner tie rod. At that point that was with only 4 winter months. The third time i put them together i used grease rather than anti-sieze. Im hoping it will work a little better ;)

super diesel

<<<< Under Pressure
I did alignments in Northern New York at a Chevy Dealer. A few of my friends and I have sleeves, even with anti-sieze the sleeves and tie rod will still corrode together. I had to take the inner and outer off together and heat the sleeve up the entire time i was turning it off the inner tie rod. At that point that was with only 4 winter months. The third time i put them together i used grease rather than anti-sieze. Im hoping it will work a little better ;)

Who's sleeves were you running and what where they made out of? I just removed mine after 5 years on there with no problems what so ever. They use to use lots of salt here but in the last fe years they changed to mag.cloride for the winter.