New plastic fuel filter?

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
:argue::hifinger: Got off early from work and was driving home, when I saw Oreillys. Remembered I need to go ahead and get a fuel filter so I stopped in..... They had the plastic and only thing in stock and they wanted $51 bucks!!!!!!!!!!! F them. Way back when, that is what the stealership wanted. Bout 3 bucks to make. What's the deal with the over priced filters.... what gives. Ill be buying from here.

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
Break away bungee cords.

LMFAO...:D That my friends, is too funny..!

A plastic filter and they want $51 USD..?? Jesus, that means $60+ CAD. I dont think so General. I'll continue to buy my Cheapo $18.00 Flea-bay filters and continue to buy my Stanadyne FM100 post OEM filters as well (5mU)...untill I can afford either a lift pump to complement my Lrg CAT filter or an AirDog II.

$3.00 to make .. and retails for $60 bucks...! get F**ed. Talk about BS.

stk

Last edited:

lsdude

Jan 29, 2010
Wix 33960

$ 24.48 at Fleet Filter

$ 67.80 for 2 at Amazon with Free S&H

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Screw that crap, not buyin another one of those.... ill put my new filter head on just run CAT filters.
Throw the stock filter head in the fu%#it bucket :buttkick:

steakman

Diesel Nut...
Aug 31, 2009
Barrie, Ontario
Just an update on price of the "new & improved" plastic fuel filter. I was at the local Barrie dealership (Georgian Pontica GMC), and was quoted at 74.92 for this fuel filter..I just about filled my shorts...and left. Ended up posting on DP about the price in the Canada section..

A guy comes back from Saskatchewan and he was quoted 94.00 CAd for same filter..!!

Well I now have the lift pump in, CAT filter head assy right beside it and still run my 5 mU post oem...buying chinese metal cased filters on flea bay @ 6 ea for $ 90.00 USD shipping incl. add another 15/20 for UPS brokerage fees and that will work just fine for me thank you. :thumb:

I will be damned if I am going to pay that kind of coin for a fuel filter .. not in this lifetime. Note $ 74.92 + 13% provincial and federal taxes = $ 84.66 CAD. Pure BS.

And the service manager who I know keeps asking me why I don't come in for oil changes and other service...I look at him with a huh..??? pffftt - 'ere, you need it more than me.!! :D

Stk

Last edited:

mgraham135

Feb 15, 2010
Wix 33960 in Canada

Just tried this new filter and it would allow the truck to idle for about 5 mins. Once I started to drive it would stall. Checked all the o rings and made sure the water valve was closed and working. Still it wouldn't run for more than 5 mins at idle or about 1/4 mile when I was driving. I paid 38.63 cdn. I put the old one back in and it runs without any issues.

When I shake the filter it rattles so I think something is wrong. Any ideas?

2001 GMC 2500HD 497650 km

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Just put one of these plastic deals on my truck today. So far so good. Put about 60 miles on it after the change, and nothing funny happened. FWIW my filter rattled too, I think it was the element inside, I think the nipple on the filter head holds it in place. It threaded on alot nicer than the last AC Delco I put on the truck. I paid about 34 bucks for it.