EFILive New Member DEF issue

EagleEye

Oct 22, 2017
Whoop!! Whoop!!

My '12 LML just got a whole new personality! After a few nerve wrecking trips to the "Stealership" over DEF tank heaters and faulty NOX sensors, I drove my truck (in limp mode... I had 12 miles left before it went to 4 MPH!!!) to a local Hot Rod Shop to take matters in to my own hands. I decided to go with a Motor OPS EFI live tuner w/ only a single 40hp bump and DEF delete, removed dpf/cat and replaced with straight pipes. Kept stock tip and muffler.

HOLY CHIPS!!! Its ALIVE!!! I am very impressed!! There is a monster inside of these motors just waiting to be unleashed!! I only drove 40 miles yesterday on new tune and am seeing Fuel economy gains of 6+ mpg... And I was mashing it now and then!!

I am new to this forum and hope to be part the community. If there are others out there who are on the fence about doing a delete... GO FOR IT!! Out of Pocket cost was $1300.00!

To the experienced Tuner Guys:

Do I have any precautions or concerns I need to be aware of or??? I am a mild mannered driver not a hot rodder.

Was :mad: Now :woott:

Last edited:

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Well congratulations I'm glad to see another DEF system go!! Lol nothing but junk and problems waiting to happen it is something everybody should do , let their engine be an engine and breathe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
good to hear but please remove the shops name from the post, they can get in a bunch of trouble with the epa