New LED Tail Lights

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Put some new smoked LED tail lights on my wife's truck tonight. I think they look good... in the dark anyways. B) We'll see how they look in the light.

Old

New

Old & New

Both New

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
They do look good at night but they weren't exactly what I was expecting to show up. We'll see how they look in the sun light. I seen em when the sun was setting and I can't tell for sure but the insides look almost like black chrome or a grayish colored blued gun with a smoked outter lense. I just hope they aren't too chromey looking in the sun light. The only saving grace if they are, is that they are on a black truck with some other tasteful chrome acces. so they may tie in alright.

I do have another set that are more black in the innards and smoked lense that I can swap on there. That'll just mean I'll be stuck with these on my truck and I don't think they'll work as well on my gray truck as they do on her black truck.

We'll see.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
and in the day light... They weren't exactly what we had in mind, but I still think they look alright. One thing I like better about them than the ones I put on my truck is that these flash ALL of the LED nodes for the turn signal, whereas the ones I put on my truck only flash the outer two columns of lights for the turn signal. I'm a little worried about people being able to see my signal when braking. I'll have to get someone to follow me and let me know.

Here's a couple day light pics of the wife's and then one of mine.

mine

Last edited:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Are those Recon's on yours Mitch? I have them on mine and the signal is difficult to see especially when I'm on the brakes. I have recieved "complaints" about mine. They do look good though, your wife's and yours.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
They aren't as chromey looking as the pics make em look but yeah, they are chrome with smoked lenses. The ones on my truck have some black trim on the inside with smoked lenses.

We were wanting lights for my wifes like what's on mine but she's liking what she got for now. We may trade if changes her mind.

As for what brand are on mine, I'm not real sure. I got them second hand & the guy didn't say what brand they are and I didn't see it on them anywhere. Same goes for the ones on my Wife's, they don't say what brand they are.

Later

zf6

Doing things the hard way
Jan 30, 2010
Tennessee
Looks good.

I have been looking LED taillights also. And I too am worried about someone being able to see the stop lights when turning. I have been looking for one that then seperate and I am having a hard time finding them. I did find some that had Red LED for the stop lights, and Amber LED for the turn.....I thought my search was over, until I red reviews on it on several sites, and they were not positive...some with DOA or dead in a year.

I guess Ill keep looking. :(

Team Overkill

<---Where my money goes
Oct 15, 2009
Illinois/Nebraska
Ive had recon smoked tail lights for quite a while now and no one has rearended me yet.:thumb: Theres a couple pics of them in my garage. Your wifes lights dont look like they are recons, but your old ones do.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the ones on my truck are Recons and the ones on my wifes are some kind of cheapish ones from eBay. They were like $150 shipped but the seller SUCKED at communication! No purchase notice, no shipping notice, no response to my e-mails, they just showed up. :hello:

Anyone worried about night time visibility of the brake lights, no worries with EITHER set. They show up great at night. I'm just a little concerned with the visibility of the blinkers on mine because only a couple columns of LEDs flash. A friend has the exact same lights and hasn't had any problems and neither did the guy I bought them from.

Thanks for the compliments though guys!

JIA's Dad

Nov 24, 2009
RECONS just what I put on my truck. I like them, but the smoke could have been just a shade darker IMO!!!:thumb:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Your wife has a cool truck!! What a woman!!!

I like the smoked ones on yours better, but i think a lite coat of niteshades would really make the wifes look better, but im partial to smoked rear tails:thumb: