New LB7 Owner from Ohio

aking

Mar 13, 2017
I've had my 03 Lb7 for about a year now, love it. Been having some trans troubles lately so hopefully the forums can help me out before I decide to swap the trans.

aking

Mar 13, 2017
Where at in Ohio? Few people out this way could help

Oh, and welcome!

There's a guy/shop down in Mason, OH that builds tranny's. Talked to him a little yesterday. I'm just worried about the amount of debris in the tranny and don't want to be on the road with debris or chips stuck in the valvebody, etc., and limping the trans again.

Or I could just cough up the $5k and get a complete rebuild and hope that I have no problems.

Last edited:

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Most people will all say mike l at inglewood trans or evan at limitless diesel will build you the best allison. I had mine built local as mike said he couldnt get me a trans for a couple months and i didn't know about evan at the time. Mine hasn't had any hiccups and has handled 100's of 4wd max effort launches and many 1/4 mile passes. I do wish i would have gotten a mike l or evan trans but mine has never let me down yet.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I would imagine that Jeff Dean could help you out. Send a PM to "stingpuller" about it, ok?