New LB7 life

fairbanksr6

Jun 22, 2015
Rapid city, SD
Hey All
Matt from South Dakota with a new to me LB7. Hal way through a head gasket replacement and injectors. I will be reading more than posting but if anything is needed dont hesitate to ask. I work at an Auto Salvage for a living however have done just about everything else you can imagine. Any questions I will field them here.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Welcome!

Get the heads decked. Make sure the cups are good too.

What kind of stuff you have there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

fairbanksr6

Jun 22, 2015
Rapid city, SD
Thanks they are at the machinists as we speak. The hardest part is the wait to put everything back together.

Salvage: We don't get to hold on to diesels long as that stuff goes quick in South Dakota. We do get a lot of trucks and parts for a lot of gassers however most body stuff interchanges. We do very well with trucks up here. Post what you need and most of the time I can find it somewhere. I have a searchable database to take inventory from yards around the country. If you need something let me know.

fairbanksr6

Jun 22, 2015
Rapid city, SD
Welcome!

Get the heads decked. Make sure the cups are good too.

What kind of stuff you have there?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I do have one question that I'm not sure was answered in all the bounds of material I've sifted through before taking this on.

Will a vac/pressure test at the machinist tell me for sure that mine are good? My injectors weren't stuck considerably and from what I could see none of my cups moved. I know that they didn't lift and guys say that if they didn't lift I'm good however as I don't mind to go in there I don't want to do it soon after this.