New guy looking for a Duramax

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
I am a diesel head. At the moment I don't have a truck but I am looking for a Duramax. I had a 2003 Dodge 3500 diesel but traded it for a Jeep Liberty Diesel 3 years ago. I am looking to get a truck again and have considered a Duramax. I loved the Cummins but since my wife drives a Denali I have really fell in love with the Chevy/GMC.

blownaway

Shopping for a CCLB
Dec 31, 2008
Olympia, Wa
Welcome to you.

What type of duramax are you looking for?

The least expensive one.....
Actually I have been looking for a long bed crew cab but might settle for an extended cab. Are the LB7's all that bad or should I look for an LLY? I don't think I can afford anything newer. hopefully looking to spend under $20,000.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
It's a good time to keep your eyes open for private party sales. With the way the economy is there are a lot of people that need to get rid of things and when some one NEEDS money right away thats when you get stuff for less then they would normaly think of selling it for.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
The least expensive one.....
Actually I have been looking for a long bed crew cab but might settle for an extended cab. Are the LB7's all that bad or should I look for an LLY? I don't think I can afford anything newer. hopefully looking to spend under $20,000.
It is a buyers market, what are you looking to do with your truck? Lots of them for sale, this is a good place to look as is the Diesel Place for sale section. Good luck, 20K will get you a very good stock truck. I'd say the newer the better. You might actually find a good 06 LBZ for around that price. You looking for a 2 or 4 wheel drive?

68skylark455

Larry the "Stroker"
Aug 7, 2008
Texas
www.larrysperformancepalace.com
I am a diesel head. At the moment I don't have a truck but I am looking for a Duramax. I had a 2003 Dodge 3500 diesel but traded it for a Jeep Liberty Diesel 3 years ago. I am looking to get a truck again and have considered a Duramax. I loved the Cummins but since my wife drives a Denali I have really fell in love with the Chevy/GMC.

I happen to know someone with an 05 for sale. If he still has it. I will check tomorrow and let you know.

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT
I might know a guy selling a 2004 LLY crew cab long bedin the next little while. not stock, It has a 6" RCD lift, exhaust, lift pump, nictane filter setup, built trans and and a McRat race tune and some other odds and ends. Right around 100k miles. I'll ask what he wants for it if you are interested. It is well maintained and everything.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:hello: & welcome!

I love my LB7, bought mine as stock with 163K miles, built her up some and beat the hell out oh it and it takes it in stride! They do have the injector issues but still the big brother of the D-maxes and real good trucks! As all Dmaxes are IMO! :D

How ya like the CRD and the Jetta? I'd like to have a Jetta or Golf TDI;)

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
:hello: Welcome! as Subman said the newer the better, I would get a LLY instead of a LB7 since they have better injectors among other things. 20K will find you something nice though.