New Guy from NM

K1SSRSS

Dieselfied Camaro Junkie
Jun 26, 2014
Las Cruces, NM
Well I've been in love with the Duramax ever since my dad bought one of the first ones in NM.

I ended up getting stuck with a powerstroke since there weren't many used Duramaxes at the time I needed a pulling truck (2002) well fast forward 12 years and poor old betsy (the powerstroke) just kept on ticking. Although the Ford had no where near the power of any of my dads Duramaxes, that 7.3 just wouldn't give up until recently and now that she developed quite a bit of blowby, I decided to get a Duramax that I always wanted.

So here I am, a couple of weeks ago I picked up a stock 2003 ECSB 4x4 with new injectors, new T-Case, new hubs and 130k on the clock.

I have already been bitten by the modding bug and have ordered a FASS lift pump, CAT filter adapter and exhaust. I also had a Diablo Trinity and Snow Methanol injection kit left over from my 5th gen Camaro build, I have installed the Trinity on the economy tune and am debating on installing the methanol or not.

Looks like a lot of good info on the site, thanks for letting me join and hopefully I will have a little knowledge to share at some point.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks, I'm from Las Cruces.

Maybe you know Stephen and the guys at Raven Diesel? Just so you know we are having the diesel races day after tomorrow in ABQ. Details are in the thread for Tuff Truck Challenge2K14 by SickLL7Crenshaw. It will be a lot of fun you should try and make it

K1SSRSS

Dieselfied Camaro Junkie
Jun 26, 2014
Las Cruces, NM
Maybe you know Stephen and the guys at Raven Diesel? Just so you know we are having the diesel races day after tomorrow in ABQ. Details are in the thread for Tuff Truck Challenge2K14 by SickLL7Crenshaw. It will be a lot of fun you should try and make it

Wow, that would be awesome, unfortunately I was just up in Taos last weekend so I need to get caught up with some things at home.

I do know who the guys at Raven are, however I have nothing good to say about their business so...

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Wow, that would be awesome, unfortunately I was just up in Taos last weekend so I need to get caught up with some things at home.

I do know who the guys at Raven are, however I have nothing good to say about their business so...

Understandable! I only know one guy at Raven and barely so I couldn't say much one way or another. Let us know when you come to town and well arrange a diesel meet.