New Garrett® model GT4094VA turbocharger Free down pipe

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
g nite all. I think this will be the next microwave.......... everyone is gonna want one LOL

I will post when I get the truck back, I will have balanced injectors and dual CP3's, plus your typical 900 hp build specs!

I don't know, I may need to see the Dr.>>>> all I can see is double for the near future LOL

Later Henry

Kev

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
g nite all. I think this will be the next microwave.......... everyone is gonna want one LOL

I will post when I get the truck back, I will have balanced injectors and dual CP3's, plus your typical 900 hp build specs!

I don't know, I may need to see the Dr.>>>> all I can see is double for the near future LOL

Later Henry

Kev

Talk Later Kev
seeing double is always good by what I hear always nice packing a pair:baby:

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
What's needed to put this one in place of a stock VVT charger? Whats the inducer bore? target HP range for it?

Sounded good in teh vid. BTW!!

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
What's needed to put this one in place of a stock VVT charger? Whats the inducer bore? target HP range for it?

Sounded good in teh vid. BTW!!

Thanks

direct bolt on. I recommend when out to do diamond eye down pipe. Tuning can stay about the same if you want. This turbo is capable of 45 lbs boost if you want to change your boost tables. If your stocker spools nice then you can probably leave the vane tables alone. 2.7" 68mm in and out. I'm shooting for 800 hp DD with a fully built motor. These have high flow vanes from the factory and high volume wheels. I am planning on twinning this in the future.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I think it will fit a 2.6 plug if checked at the pulls also it looks stock.I know the gt4094R would pass the 2.6 plug test just got booted for being aftermarket.

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
I think it will fit a 2.6 plug if checked at the pulls also it looks stock.I know the gt4094R would pass the 2.6 plug test just got booted for being aftermarket.

Just found my measurements I took before I installed mine.
2.698" inducer bore
2.704 exducer bore
67.7mm inducer wheel
94mm exducer wheel

If they use a 2.650" plug I think you could get by. And yes, I does look stock, so don't tell anyone you are changing turbos LOL

Kevin

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
$2,840.00 Shipped check with me first for shipping to Canada and Hawaii sorry no shipping over sea's

• Garrett® model GT4094VA turbocharger
  • Featuring the Garrett® patented Advanced Variable Nozzle Turbine (AVNTTM) design for increased compressor flow and turbine flow
  • Utilizes nine movable vanes which significantly increase turbine efficiency and improve engine performance from idle launch through peak torque
  • Patented integral electro-hydraulic actuation and proportional solenoid for infinitely variable control
  • Provides up to an estimated 575 hp with no sacrifice to drivability
  • Larger compressor trim (52), plus larger GT40 turbine wheel and vanes vs. Stage I
  • Outline interchangeable, for a perfect fit each and every time
GarrettDuramaxAVNT01_e.gif

GarrettDuramaxAVNT02_e.gif

Duramax_AVNT_Stage_II.jpg

575 is a little low isnt it :confused:

Last edited:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Garrett's specs so I guess there staying on the low side most say over 650. With the add on that will be coming out for this turbo will up the power later for anyone that wants more.

:cool: Whats this add on? or is it :secret:

Last edited:

knagel

weakest link finder
Jun 4, 2007
Central, Iowa
575 is a little low isnt it :confused:

This is directly off the Garrett site I believe, so it is concervitive. If you keep it in its map then it is probably close. I have been pushing it past its map (like we did on stockers) and should be WAY past that. :D

I'm planning on an 800hp DD and then twinning it:happy2:

username taken

Aug 26, 2009
This looks sweet for drag racing and pulling, but what about towing? I"m looking for a way to keep EGT under control/ keep stock pistons alive while adding some much needed power for towing through the big interstate hills out west and around the rockies. Think Baker Grade - I've struggled to maintain 50 mph with the stocker without letting EGT get past 1250. When other rigs pulling trailers blow by like I'm standing still, I lose my mind.

Would this flow enough air/ spool well enough to support a 450rwhp tow tune without letting the EGT get out of hand? If it will support 575 hp within the map, I have to believe that with a milder tune it would stay nice and cold. I was leaning towards twins after reading an article in Diesel Tech, but damn this thing looks amazing!