New garret gtx4088 - sema

Dynospeed

Aug 23, 2014
I hate to bring this back from the dead but I've very interested in a gtx4088r and gtx 4292r. Does anyone have experience with either of these. I'm new to the diesel stuff but the gtx turbos are killer on the gas cars I deal with. Beside the price the gtx4088r appears to be a killer all around turbo especially to twin over in the future. It should spool up like a 62-63mm and make the power of a 68-70mm. Am I missing anything?

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Beside the price the gtx4088r appears to be a killer all around turbo especially to twin over in the future. It should spool up like a 62-63mm and make the power of a 68-70mm. Am I missing anything?

I'm hoping that GTX is killer. We'll see, I have two of them to replace the 62's on my triple setup.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Some more "homework" done:thumb:
The Turbine is in fact 77mm.

I know it's been realized that there was originally a typo in the original specs for this charger, I don't know exactly where/what the typo was and I didn't see it addressed in a post, so for those who might be wondering (please correct me if this is incorrect)....

Here's the specs I found on the GTX4088r:
Compressor:
Inducer- 63.5mm
Exducer- 88mm
Trim- 54
Aspect Ratio- .72

Turbine:
Inducer- 68mm
Exducer- 77mm
Trim- 84
Aspect Ratio: any available for a 40 series housing

From what I read, these specs are nearly identical to the standard GT4088 charger with the only (mathematical) difference being the trim of the compressor wheel?

So as it's been said already, and as I understand it...
The big difference here is the design of the wheel itself...it protrudes more and has a different trim which allows it to move more air. The material used for the wheel (billet) doesn't necessarily make the wheel lighter as much as it makes the wheel stronger, which allows for the more aggressive design that provides a more efficient and broader pressure map without risk of the wheel "imploding" or coming apart

Right?