NEW fuel line doesn't fit!

ALLSYSTEMSGO!

Jan 17, 2016
Replaced all eight injectors and lines in a lb7, got to cylinder 8 and the new hard line doesn't fit. I like to get it on the injector first and then onto the rail, screwed it onto the injector finger tight and looked up and the line is 1/4" away from touching the rail. I'm not going to try to bend it to fit either. Took the old fuel line and tried it, it screws right on to the injector and the rail with no issue whatsoever. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this similar scenario? Junk line I suppose...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I know what I need to do (get a new line). I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else? Having a new line that was improperly bent/formed.

No it doesn't happen a lot if any... Most on here buy from a reputable dealer. I searched Duramax under the Southeast Power systems and guess what nothing came up, so there you go. Get another line and hope it's correct.

ALLSYSTEMSGO!

Jan 17, 2016
SPS is a wholesaler that deals with shops. Which is my case. They have and provide quality products for medium and heavy duty diesels. I want to make sure that this is not coming across as a dig on them. First time I've ever had a problem with anything from them!

Rodwerx

Apr 27, 2015
Texas
I have had this problem once before. Use the line you have on Cylinder #1. See if that one fits correctly

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk