new from kansas

thedirtymax

Kansas Roughneck
Dec 7, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
hey all. im fairly new to the diesel scene (a year and a half ownin them). i drive a 2005 silverado 2500hd ecsb, dark blue, 6 inch lift, efi live dsp5, 4 inch to 5 inch stacks, zf6 with a sbc 3600dd and i love it! im just a 21 year old kid tryin to listen and not talk too much to try and learn some things without pissin anyone off! haha

i actually have a question too and dont know where to put it. my truck keeps throwin an underboost code and i cant figure out why. im pushin 35 lbs of boost so i dont see how it thinks its gettin less than stock??? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
:hello: & :welcome5:

Is it throwing a 299? code.. It can be caused be a aftermarket intake, exhaust or something in your tune.

There is a lot of threads on here regarding that code.

thedirtymax

Kansas Roughneck
Dec 7, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
:hello: & :welcome5:

Is it throwing a 299? code.. It can be caused be a aftermarket intake, exhaust or something in your tune.

There is a lot of threads on here regarding that code.

i just have a swiss cheesed air box with a drop in filter so i guess maybe the exhaust or tune. i wanna get a new fuel economy and race tune tho but dont know anyone that would build me one that i could trust....like i said im a newbie to this stuff so i dont know very many people.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
:happy2: Sweet, another Kansan!

Howdy & Welcome! Im in the greater Wichita area if your near by? Sounds like a pretty sharp truck! Post up some pics of it!

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Yeah that was at Floor it last summer. I have seen your truck around it kinda looks like Boyetts old truck he sold a while back. My buddy Tanner saw you at the races he was there in his LB7 GMC but he didn;t run. Keep in touch man if you ever come up to topeka on a weekend give me a shout

thedirtymax

Kansas Roughneck
Dec 7, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Yeah that was at Floor it last summer. I have seen your truck around it kinda looks like Boyetts old truck he sold a while back. My buddy Tanner saw you at the races he was there in his LB7 GMC but he didn;t run. Keep in touch man if you ever come up to topeka on a weekend give me a shout

do you know adam draskovich then? he helps out a floor it, has a silver 06 cclb 3500 srw dodge. and ya im all over so im sure you have seen me before. ya if ur ever dow this way give me a shout and ill let you know if i come up there.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I don't know him off hand, but I prolly would if I saw him. Windorf is the badass around here his 07 LBZ white 4X is about the quickest diesel around here 12.5-12.7