new duramax!

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Just FYI that is normal for the elevated idle not to work above a certain temp, as it is different from a high idle. ECM controls elevated idle, not you. :D

embs200

Jan 1, 2012
ATL, GA
got it scanned with tech 2 and gmc mechanic said my rail pressure was 11,000 psi and it looked like i had 2 or 3 bad injectors. he thinks it had dirty fuel or water ran through it. Does this sound about right or is it more likely that it has a bad cp3

duramax05blk

Mar 16, 2012
my lly had same issue the main harness was loose where the blue connector hold the pins in from swaping the banks six gun out. we thought there was a bad injector cylinder due to faulty balance rates replaced injector and tested all cylinders before finding the loose connector. also a shim kit will help with the rail pressure.

travistim_69

USMC diesel Mechanic
Jul 22, 2009
Oceanside Ca./ from Juneau Ak.
could #2 injector be stuck closed and is returning all of its fuel causing crazy balance rates and dumping way too much fuel in other cylinders? Also has a terrible knock that is always there. Idk if its a "fuel knock " or even what could cause a fuel knock or "the knock im hearing" sounds like a gas motors piston slap or rod knock. But ive heard that bad injector problems can cause that knock. I just dont understand why im seeing alot of black smoke and no white smoke, and why all balance rates are off not just one.

A injector not firing can cause a knocking sound, it does sound like you have at least one bad injector. since you are already looking into EFI Live why don't you get it now so you can use the scan tool and data logging to help you troubleshoot you issue.
also have you changed your fuel filter and ran any dextron through your fuel system, ATF is a good detergent and will clean out your system quick, just don't use to much.