New DuraMax owner...lasted 14 hours stock

E.A.

Nov 4, 2010
Couldn't even last the weekend in the stock form, it was just to much fun to mod....

Anyways, I just wanted to say Hello....and let you all know I will be lurking around the forums, now that I finally bought a DuraMax.

Well, I am by far NOT new to tuning (I do all the tuning for Houseofboost.com)
But its always been 100% gas based tuning.

I finally pulled the trigger and moved over to the soot side of things. :)
And picked up a 2006 LBZ....

So here are results....

Stock with 5" exhaust and a drop in KN
349rwhp, and 646rwtq.

First tune (mild) that gained a LOT in MPG's, laid down
419rwhp, 749rwtq

I am very happy with the results for just changing a few basic things. I don't think I will be going much father with the tune, until I get my GT4094r bolted up and feeding the stock turbo :)

Thanks all for the great forum!
EA

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Couldn't even last the weekend in the stock form, it was just to much fun to mod....

Anyways, I just wanted to say Hello....and let you all know I will be lurking around the forums, now that I finally bought a DuraMax.

Well, I am by far NOT new to tuning (I do all the tuning for Houseofboost.com)
But its always been 100% gas based tuning.

I finally pulled the trigger and moved over to the soot side of things. :)
And picked up a 2006 LBZ....

So here are results....

Stock with 5" exhaust and a drop in KN
349rwhp, and 646rwtq.

First tune (mild) that gained a LOT in MPG's, laid down
419rwhp, 749rwtq

I am very happy with the results for just changing a few basic things. I don't think I will be going much father with the tune, until I get my GT4094r bolted up and feeding the stock turbo :)

Thanks all for the great forum!
EA

:confused: thats pretty damn small to be used as a twin setup

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
X2, thats 4094 isnt much bigger than stock turbo...

Anyway welcome!

Make sure you talk to Mike L. before you get too far along with your modding, or your trans is going to die lol. That "mild" tune is already pushing the trans limits if you dont take it easy.

Good Luck, hope to see ya post more often and keep us up to date with your truck.

E.A.

Nov 4, 2010
:confused: thats pretty damn small to be used as a twin setup

I have it laying around off an old project...so its not really ideal, but its what I got. :) Id be happier if it was a 42
I may have to just wait, to be honest.... I had no idea what size the stock unit it. I just got the truck on Sat, and with work the last couple days I haven't had the time to read as much as I need to.

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
:hello: welcome to the site. why dont you use the 4094 as the top charger

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Gains over the stock unit? vs. lag?

If its a vnt turbo and you tune it right you should see barely any difference in the lag from stock to the 4094. if its a waste gated 4094, you may see some lag from the stocker to that

btw, like mike said, id highly suggest you call mike L. your gunna need some mods on that trans if you want it to live at that much hp

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
you should not see any lag and you can push that turbo to 600 to 650 hp but you will need a trans first

E.A.

Nov 4, 2010
you should not see any lag and you can push that turbo to 600 to 650 hp but you will need a trans first

Sweet, I knew the trans was gonna poop. I planned on having it built pretty soon. And adding a billet converter :)
I had a 800rwhp Mustang for a couple years, so I am VERY good at breaking transmissions. :) My father would say that started at age 16. LOL. Broke my first 5 speed 2 weeks after I got my first set of slicks. :)

E.A.

Nov 4, 2010
where are you from?

I live in Kansas City.....

Been building blown goodies, since I knew what a turbo or a supercharger was. However I can't believe how long its taken me to get a Diesel. I tune about a billion cars and trucks these days.... from 200hp stock mustangs... to 1500hp LS1 powered sandcars.... but everything has been gas, e85, or race fuel.

I won't be doing a lot to this truck, because my "real" project will be to put a DuraMax in my 1964 Cadillac Coupe. (I am on the hunt for a wrecked truck) Thats where the money pit will begin. :) The car is perfect as it is, and is an awesome driver (put 6,000 miles on it this year)....but I want to take it on Drag Week next year.... hence the DuraMax swap.

I am just gonna use my truck as my "learning curve" in the time being. :)

EA

PS: I am ordering the Kleeman Chip for my gals E-class. :) to get the extra 50ft lbs out of it.... I can't let her drive stock.

E.A.

Nov 4, 2010
I thought i had heard of house of boost, i live about 50 miles south of KC.

Yup, I don't work there full time (used to) I just do the tuning and lend a hand when I can. The boys there are rock stars though....

This weekend I was down at mokan, driving/tuning a customers vette. Ran a [email protected].... got some work to do on the converter, its WAY to tight. But overall it was nice to be able to make 8 passes without having to touch the car other then to look at the data logs, and raise the shift points.

The new LBZ did good towing the 28foot trailer, and the vette. :)