New Drop-in VGT for "Best bang for your buck!"

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I've been testing for better than six months on this and it's already been released but I figured I'd make it official on here for you guys that haven't seen anything on it yet. It is call the BMW GT3794va, it is a brand new turbo without a core for $1,850. plus shipping. http://www.danvilleperformance.com/garrett-power-max-stage-2-gt3794va-batmowheel/ Comes with the Hi-flow cover and polished race style inlet for compressor and features a highly refined Batmowheel designed specifically for this application. What that means is this charger has the off idle driveability of my 2.5 stg2 turbo but has the topend power of my 68mm stg2's! I have been running it on my personal truck with a completely stock junkyard LMM motor with stock LMM injectors and cp3 with all the normal bolt ons and it makes 650hp 1200ftlbs and I got an [email protected] at Thunder in Muncie a couple weeks ago even with a crappy 60ft! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbOJXM3L0cA Really happy with this turbo! Let me know if you have any questions about it! In a twin setup with a BMW83 over it it made 942hp!:thumb:

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
When my motor goes I'm really thinking about upgrading my stock turbo with this and turning my s475 into a480:thumb:

Woodster

Computer Nerd
Aug 28, 2009
Utah
I want one Mark. I spoke to you a while ago about your stage 2 4094. What are the differences between these two turbos being used on a mostly stock truck? I need to get some tuning from you as well? Can you PM me a price with DSP 5 tuning?

L0B6Z

Oct 19, 2013
oxford ny
I want one Mark. I spoke to you a while ago about your stage 2 4094. What are the differences between these two turbos being used on a mostly stock truck? I need to get some tuning from you as well? Can you PM me a price with DSP 5 tuning?

I talked to mark this past week about this. I want to convert my stage2 66mm to this so I pass the 2.5 workstock class. He said all I need is a back plate, cover and wheel. I'm ordering it Monday. I can't wait. Hopen to push it to 700 with a set of 40s and a cp3 upgrade.. I already push around the Cummins guys and now I wanna blow them out of the water and not hear about my 66

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
Definitely strikes my interest!

Which turbine does it have? And does it whistle like your normal chargers and other 10 blade turbines?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Ok, I'll try to answer all these question in one reply! This charger uses the same LLy based turbine housing with the 10 blade turbine so you get the awesome whistle everyone loves and it still has a functioning Turbine brake unlike the 4094's loose and lazy turbine housing/vane setup. I drive everyday on tune4 which makes 535hp @30psi boost/40psi drive and 1200degrees. It spools like stock turbo but has the topend power of the 4094. Far better turbo choice for stock motor guys!:thumb:

L0B6Z-What you and I talked about is switching your turbo cover and back plate so you can run the TCT LLy batmowheel setup which is true 2.5 and capable of 700hp to meet you rules. It is a 2mm smaller wheel than this turbo but will get you what you are looking for with the rules you have to deal with!

NC-smokinlmm Yes it is the turbo you guys installed!:thumb:

I plan on this turbo phasing out my 66mm stg2 since it makes more power and is a cheaper turbo to purchase! Price vs. performance is awesome to say the least!

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Mark - what VVT you reccomend for a 30% nozzle and dual cp3 set up ? I sold my fixed vane which I'm planning on going back too... But a Vvt hasn't crossed my mind again.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm curious about this for my daily driver. been thinking about finding a used s400 kit and putting on my 463. How safe do you feel this is on a stock motor? Looks like hp is pretty good in the rpm, torque area still look okay? I drive hard I don't want another broke piston lbz lol Is this still a 64 compressor wheel?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Well this explains why my buddy was saying you were running a single turbo racing a while back..

Awesome news, can't wait to install one!

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
We had a totally stock LLY dually one time that I thought ran a little better than it should. Pulled tune to verify it was stock. I got part number off the 'stock appearing' charger and sure enough, it was a garrett powermax stg 1 or 3794. A perfect upgrade for a mild truck or to twin off of, IMO. Could only be better with the BMW, too.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
I'm curious about this for my daily driver. been thinking about finding a used s400 kit and putting on my 463. How safe do you feel this is on a stock motor? Looks like hp is pretty good in the rpm, torque area still look okay? I drive hard I don't want another broke piston lbz lol Is this still a 64 compressor wheel?

This is a 65mm turbo and would be a good choice for what your looking for.

As far as this versus the out of the box GT3794va, the cast version is not very good above 500hp which is where this version really shines. Mine is on tune 4 everyday at 535hp and it makes 30-32psi at 1150egts. Mine doesn't go past 1400egts till you get up to that 650hp range.

DMax497- Honestly this would be the turbo choice for ya if you want a vgt and with that fueling I would think 700hp would be a nice driving truck.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Hmmmm....sounds like a great new charger! Nice work Mark!

Ive had a GT4718 sitting on the shelf forever......I wonder how this would twin with it....:D